Monday, June 22, 2009

YIPEE!!!!!!


...this is how we feel right now!
When it rains, it pours...but the sun comes out again 3x brighter than before! Don got the graham county dispatcher job!! 51 people took the test for the job, only 5 were called for the first interview, then only 3 for the second...AND DON GOT IT!!! Today was his first day! Today was also my first day at my new job at CMI copy. Don had to do a few more tests today and fill out some paper work and I learned about all the machines at the copy place. We're both way excited about our new jobs and hopefully we can have a place for our new furniture soon :)
Don found out he got the job, the day we went to his family reunion. I was sitting on the couch and he said, "Well, we'll have to come back home Sunday cause I got work Monday at 8." It took me a sec and I said, "What kind of work?" and 2 seconds later I was jumping up and down! We both feel so relieved...Don even got slightly teary eyed...but shh don't tell!
The Wingfield family reunion was lots of fun! We went camping up past Sholo. Don taught me how to play texas hold em and I did really good!! We also played horseshoes and this game called "Things" which is an awesome game! It was hilarious! Our new tent is all broken in now (in more ways than one! hahaha) and my sister in law's dog, Maggie, came and slept with us every night. My niece and her second cousin were caught kissing...bahahaha they're only 3 and 4, but it was hilarious! I guess it's kinda legal though! Anyways, we had an awesome weekend! It was a good break before we started our new jobs. Life is full of adventures!

5 comments:

Sopha said...

Im SOOOO stoked for you guys!! You must be livin life right :)
Im glad you broke in the new tent, your sick.
I love you!

Marilee said...

YAY!!!! IM so excited for you both!! Oh and ditto to what soph said about thee new tent!!

Jessie said...

Congratulations on the new job, Don! You guys must be doin' something right. The reunion sounds like a blast. Wish I could come to ours in Moab in a few weeks. I miss you!!! Oh, and as for the tent, WAY TO GO! I just hope you didn't make too much noise. Those walls are pretty thin. haha

MeganHowell said...

(sope is funny)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! this post made me happy. i am proud of you both. come visit me in utah! that is all. OH and happy almost one year!!! first was sope.... NEXT ITS MY TURN!!!!!!!!!!... then its yours! now we gotta get little jenbunny on this marriage train. I LOVE YOU, and i miss you lots and lots and lots.

Kelsey and Dallas said...

lauren that's so exciting! Its so crazy how life works out...Dall and I are realizing that too. congrats.. P.S. im LOVING the angels and airwaves on your page...they're my fave band of all tiiiime :)