Monday, July 26, 2010

Stay Classy, San Diego

Don and I just got back from our blissful week in San Diego/Catalina Island! We had a blast hanging out with dad on the boat and going places. It was definitely time Don and I got away and spent time together since we hardly see each other cause of our jobs. We both said we felt closer after the trip. We spent every waking moment together, it kind of felt like our honeymoon again :) Our first day in San Diego dad let us have the truck to go hang out. So we went to the famous San Diego Zoo! I took millions of pictures of all the animals so I'll spare you and just post my favorites.

This is my absolute favorite picture! We got to feed the giraffes! Their tongues were hanging out the whole time. And they are nasty looking! Their tongues are black and about a foot long and they felt like sand paper, but it was so fun!








Don posing as a zoo keeper




The polar bear was one of my favorites!




Monday morning we headed out to Catalina for a few days. This is Don's cheesy "I'm excited!" face.




Dad and his lovely girlfriend, Margo. My dad has lost so much weight, he looks the best I've ever seen him! I'm proud of you, dad! Dad had Margo drive the boat. She was so brave and she did really well!




enjoying a little breakfast




Dad always calls me "Bow rider" cause me and my sister, Jessie, always ride the bow when we go on the open ocean. So Don had to fill her place this time. It still wasn't quite the same though cause Don didn't say "weeeeee!" on every big wave. hahaha.





The first day in Avalon was sunny, but Tuesday and Wednesday were cloudy and cool. We still had a blast though.





These are some shops on the boardwalk. A cruise ship came in Tuesday so it was way crowded.



We rented a golf cart, rode around Avalon and saw some awesome views of the town. Oh and did I mention we got pulled over and my dad got a ticket? It was kind of rediculous. My dad said he never wants to go back to Avalon again haha.








We went out to eat at a really good german restaurant!


Dad was pretty happy with the huge beer the waiter brought out haha




Tuesday we went on a hike. We walked through an area that we weren't supposed to and almost got in trouble. Someone pulled over and told us to hurry and go up to a walkway before we got caught. Another reason we don't care to go to Avalon again.



An awesome view from our walk!










Later Tuesday afternoon we went parasailing!! It was so much fun! We went on a 1400 foot rope. It wasn't scary at all. You just sit on the stern all strapped in and it slowly takes you higher and higher. We were suprised how quiet it was up there and the view was beautiful.







We spent our nights playing dominos, uno, and a card game called "cover your assets." Tuesday night dad turned on the underwater lights and we fed the fishies some bread. So many fish came so dad brought out the fishing poles and Margo immediately caught one! It was so funny! A big seal would hang out outside the light and swoop in and eat the fish. I caught something huge and I couldn't bring it in cause it was so heavy. My pole was bent so far I thought it was going to break! And it was a big tuna pole! I handed the pole to dad and he couldn't bring it up either. Whatever it was it kept swimming down and we lost it. Dad brought up a chunk of meat from it. We were worried that I might've snagged the seal on accident! I guess we'll never know.



I'm a sucker for big sailboats. I thought this one was beautiful! Wednesday morning we made way for Two Harbors, another little place on the Island. We decided we're just going to go there from now on. We had a lot of fun! We went on a walk where a girl suggested we go. She said the walk had a "b*tchen" view haha so we had to check it out and she was right! I forgot to bring my camera on the walk, but it was absolutely gorgeous and so peaceful! We walked on the beach and I found a hermit crab. It was Don's first time seeing one. He had a lot of fun finding snails and crabs :) After our walk Don and I went snorkeling. It didn't last long cause it was freezing!! But we saw some garabaldi fish and lots of sea slugs. They're so weird looking! As we were headed back to shore I saw a flat fish and showed Don. I don't know how I even saw it cause it totally blended in with the sand.



Wednesday night we played a little pool and listened to some music on the juke box. A couple of the locals challenged Don and Dad to a game. They only lost by 1 :)



We came home Thursday from Catalina and Friday Don and I spent the day together in Coronado. We walked down Orange Ave. looking at shops and ate at the most amazing breakfast and lunch place! We had to take a picture of it cause it was so delicious! Everything was seasoned so yummy! Don was freaking out with every bite. It was that good.



My favorite ice cream place, Moo Time! My step sister and I used to go there all the time.



Don said that Elvis looks like Edward trying to bite me hahaha


Coronado is one of my favorite beaches. The sand was so gold and we found tons of sand dollars!




I showed Don where we used to live in Coronado. And we went to Strand Beach. We went in and played in the water and I saw some dark reddish purple things that didn't look like seaweed. Ya, there were a bunch of floating dead jelly fish. I got stung a little bit, but it was still fun.


Whities!!

Thanks Dad for the wonderful week! We had a ton of fun. We can't wait till our next visit. Love ya!

3 comments:

Sopha said...

I like to read this post and look at the pictures cuz i can pretend I am there! Really though-looked like so much fun, and Im glad you and don got to spend a lot of time together!

Jessie said...

Awesome! I looooved all the pictures! Dad looks incredible. So do you. Glad you got to spend so much time... together!!! Next time I'll be bow rider with you, okay?

jaronrlines said...

I'm jealous! We just got back from San Diego yesterday from our week vaca there. We were staying right on Mission beach but it was soooo gloomy/cold that I never even put on my swim suit! We go every year and I've never seen it so cold and not sunny! Glad you had fun tho! ps I too love Coronado Beach!