Monday, August 30, 2010

Today was a Good Day

I just have to tell about this wonderful person that came into work today. Today was like every other normal day until this man came in to my work. I could tell he was from some different country cause he was oriental looking, wearing this wrap around skirt, he had really pretty beads and some chinese looking silk. He was the nicest person on the planet. He had brought in a ton of papers written in Tibet (crazy looking!) I spent about an hour and a half standing at the copier doing these things for him and I didn't mind at all. He was really hard to understand, but the whole time he told me how amazing I was cause I had done everything so perfectly and how I have incredible patience. He was just so incredibly grateful. He told all the girls I work with what an amazing job I did. He just had a huge smile on his face. When I rang him up he wanted to give me some kind of tip so bad so he gave me his food! hahaha I didn't want to offend him so I thanked him for it and ate it.
I can't tell you how much it made my day! It made me feel a thousand feet high. I'm so grateful for happy people. It just reminded me of how happiness really is an attitude and that I need to just smile at those grouchy people that come into work cause it just might make their day.

2 comments:

Sopha said...

he gave you his food?! haha that is awesome!! was it good?
I love days like that, when little things just make it great!

Jessie said...

I like that story! And I like nice people. :)