Monday, June 20, 2011

For Dad

 Me and Daddeo 2006

Us kids and Dad 1989

Happy Father's Day, Dad!
I've always been "Daddy's little girl." Every summer when we'd go visit  Dad he always made it a big adventure. He took us to amazing places and always made me feel so loved like I was favorite. It felt like a fantasy, really. And that's what my dad has taught me; to love, live, and laugh. Life can be the fantasy fairytale I've always dreamed of, if I want it to be. He has always taught me to work hard, be responsible, and conquer my dreams.
I love hanging out and spending time with my dad. I think my favorite memory of my dad was when he was tucking me into bed one night and I was being goofy and talked in an alien voice. I won't repeat what I said haha, but I remember my dad laughing so hard and trying to speak alien with me. (Ya, pretty weird, I know.)
My dad is really fun to joke around with. I can always call up my dad and have a good laugh. He is also someone that I can tell anything to, even things that normally people wouldn't tell their parents. When I have problems, worries, or frustrations, he's my go-to man. He wants to hear my opinions of things even if he doesn't agree with them and I really appreciate that about him. 
Not only is my dad fun to talk to and be around, he's also very educated and handy. My dad has a love for boats, motorcycles, and airplanes. I love to hear my dad's military stories. He served in the U.S Airforce and Navy. I can't tell you how many air shows and aerospace museums we've gone to. He loves his toys. He built a few airplanes back in his day and he has spent at least the last 12 years living on and fixing up boats. We've had many adventures together. I will never forget our attempted long trip from Victoria, Canada down the west coast to San Diego. We only made it to about Seattle. We were on Dad's first yacht, a 97 footer made of steel. We ran into a pod of orcas and also hit a huge storm with swells up to 7 feet (if I remember that right, I was 10.) We were hitting it sideways, so everyone was throwing up. We also had an engine fail and had to stop a couple places for refuge. Even though it was scary, we still laughed through it.
Thanks for always making life an adventure, Dad. I know you've had your hardships, but you've always seemed to lift mine and I hope I have done the same for you. Love you!


And for my BABY DADDY:
I really tried to make him a dad on Father's Day, but Carter's being stubborn. I know Don will make a great dad. I'm excited for the crazy stuff that will be happening in our lives over the next few years as we start a family. I couldn't have picked a better husband. He is my rock. I love you oooooodles, Donald! I will try to make you a dad this week!


1 comment:

Jessie said...

You WILL make Don a dad this week! :) I loooove this post! You said everything better than I could. P.S. You should speak alien to Carter!