![]() |
| Hello Cheeks |
I had a baby six months ago?!! It seems like yesterday. Heck, I still look like I just had a baby. (My official half marathon training starts February! Oh crap.)
This kid changes overnight. He sits up now and rolls all over the living room floor and gets stuck in corners and underneath chairs. It will only be a matter of time before he starts crawling...oh boy. He LOVES food! I couldn't get him to eat solids on our trip, but since we've been back he's been chomping on anything I put in his mouth. So far there isn't a food he doesn't like.
He's been sleeping a lot better lately too, thank goodness! I was getting up every two hours with him after our trip. I think it was because he had slept in our room with us. Now we're back to our anal routine :)
Other than staring at our cute baby all the time, Don and I have been fixing up our house. I love love love having a handy husband. We finally painted our kitchen and laundry room. Aaand thanks to some Christmas presents from my mom and the in-laws, we are putting up trim around our windows and doors.
Before
(Cute face Don)
All there was around our windows was dry wall...boring. We have trim around the doors already, but we're replacing it to match. It's amazing how little things make your house look so much better.
After- Ta da!
(The bottoms aren't done on these windows yet, but you get the picture)
Our big project this summer will be removing the rock from our backyard. We would like to plant grass and have a little veggie garden back there.
Don also officially started school again. Yay! He says it's weird being the old man on campus, but he enjoys people watching. Especially the young singles' drama. He's taking 12 credits and is doing plumbing before and after classes. He doesn't miss working at the sheriff's office at all. It's going to be tough for the next 4 years, but it will be worth it!



2 comments:
Ooooh, the trim is pretty! Way to go, Don! It sounds like Don is going to be super busy. Just hope he doesn't get too super stressed! Best Wishes, Don! There were times when Bron wanted to quit, but we are both glad he didn't.
P.S. Carter, you have the cutest cheeks in the world. By the way, can you teach Jed how to eat his veggies?
It looks so nice with trim and I'm sure makes a huge difference. Doing projects are so fun and I love seeing the finished project! We had to remove a big mountain of rock in our backyard last summer and do alot of work, we planted grass and we love it! So worth it! Good luck and keep updating your blog I love reading it! That baby boy of yours is just darling! :)
Post a Comment