Missour-uh is treating us nice. Some days are boring living in an apartment complex and all. Not as much to look after like our house. I miss watering my plant babies! But there are plus sides. I get to walk to the gym which is FREE. And go swimming for FREE. The weather has been pretty cloudy and stormy since we've been here. Regular spring weather. Not quite used to that. The high in Pima was 99 degrees today ha!
Carter and I went to the local discovery center last week. We were there for 2 hours and still didn't get to explore everything. Carter had a blast!
My birthday was on Mother's Day this year. My present was a day of shopping all by myself. I scored some great deals! To celebrate we went out to Olive Garden and Don bought me an ice cream cake. I ate so much of that stuff for about 3 days. Made me sick, but so worth it! And we rented Pitch Perfect. I love that Don loves that movie as much as I do. I do not like when my birthday lands on Mother's Day because it doesn't feel like "my day." It was hard being away from everyone too. I tried not to get teary eyed with every sweet phone call and text. It meant even more to me this year! Thanks everybody!
24 sounds so old
I wanted to get a picture with Carter and this is what he did. My son's a flasher.
Saturday was a fun day. Carter and I went on a walk and it was sunny out so we hurried back to the apartment to get our swimsuits on. Once we went outside again it was completely clouded over and a little chilly. Just our luck! We went and dipped our feet in the pool anyways. Carter was hilarious. He had pure glee written all over his face. He slowly dipped his toes in then made little splashes. Next thing I know he jumps right on in! I was not about to get in. It was freezing! I just saved carter when he went too far. That kid is a fish. Last year he wasn't even a year old and he tried to swim all by himself in the kiddie pool. He crawled in the pool which covered his head and gasped for breath when he needed to. I have a feeling this year won't be any different. I'm going to try and teach him the basics of swimming this year.
The other night we took Carter outside and he rode his little car. He went down some steep grassy hills. He LOVED it! I love when they have a big grin on their face and they're laughing so hard. After that we went to Andy's World Famous Custard. I don't know if they're really world famous, but they should be! Best custard I've ever had. It's a 50's looking ice cream parlor with lots of neon lights. It's always packed full of people too.
My name is Lauren and I'm an ice cream addict.
In other news, work is going slower than expected for Don. We're still sticking it out and hoping that it picks up! We were even planning on packing up and going home earlier this week, but Don's boss convinced him to stay. As homesick as I am, I really want this to work out for us. A bunch of the installers left for a nearby town called Joplin so that means Don will have a lot more jobs. And they keep telling us May is always slow so we're keeping our fingers crossed!
At the pool
I love this picture. The boys and their cereal.
I am quite sick of this gloomy weather. Last night we went to the grocery store. When we got home we didn't want to get out of the car! We were soaked and there was a river outside (below). We've been on tornado watch, but luckily nothing serious. Just lots of thunderstorms. The thought of being in a tornado absolutely freaks me out! I really feel for the people of Oklahoma right now.













1 comment:
Yeah, I don't miss the rain back east either. Bummer. But you look like you're living it up as best you know how! Lauren, Carter is getting so big. I can't believe it. And you are gorgeous, and Don is well, Don. I love that you're writing in your blog more these days.
Post a Comment