Saturday, March 29, 2014

We did it!

I have kept two kids alive for 7 weeks! think I deserve a cookie or something :) But honestly, it's had it's ups and downs. It's tiring to be constantly needed and changing 5 billion diapers a day. Not to mention lack of sleep. Poor Don has to deal with a rather grouchy wife. But things are slowly getting better. I'm starting to get the hang of things and understanding Jaxon's different cries. It also helps knowing my house probably won't be clean for a year so why worry, right? ;)


First bath...such a skinny little thing! I can't believe how much he has changed.

I am handling things better than I did with Carter. I'm a lot more calm. I get overwhelmed every once in awhile, but if I make sure I take a shower and go outside everyday, I'm good. 


Jaxon weighed 8 lbs at his one month appointment and he keeps getting bigger and bigger. He's starting to fill out especially in his cheeks and thighs. He's very gassy which makes him fussy and hard for him to sleep sometimes, but gripe water has helped tremendously! Jaxon also has huge bug eyes. We nicknamed him Bugsy from the hamster on Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler. Whenever he's awake his eyes are wide open and his forehead is all wrinkled...it's hilarious! He also LOVES baths and is starting to smile and coo :) He's pretty darn cute. I think we'll keep him. 


Bugsy!


At the doctor's for his 1 month checkup 


Carter petting his brother

Carter adores his brother. It melts my heart! When Jax cries he gives him hugs and kisses and says, "it's okay, baby." When I feed him a bottle, Carter always wants to help. It's so sweet. Jaxon is lucky to have such a loving big brother.  


I get to cuddle that face every night 


My little bird 


Both my boys have got some serious pouty lips. How can I ever say no to them?


Reading before bedtime


Other than adjusting to two children, Don and I sold the pt cruiser and bought a 2013 Chevy Captiva. It's a mini SUV. 
I love driving it! 



Don and his dad are also currently putting new flooring in our house! No more faded, stained carpet! Yay! Pictures to come. We took out the carpet while the boys were sleeping. Carter's reaction the next morning was priceless. He opened his bedroom door and gasped. "It's a mess!" he said. We also put up a temporary fence in our backyard so I can send Carter out without following him wherever he goes. I used to have to watch him like a hawk because no one on our street has a fence so he'd walk into our neighbors yards all the time. He knows no boundaries. We also live by the train tracks which makes me nervous because he LOVES trains. Even though it's a little redneck fence I'm soooo glad we have it! 


Carter helping Papa with the fence 

I had my 6 week appointment and everything is good. I still have some stitches which sucks, but good news is I only have 5 lbs to lose! Isn't that crazy? I only gained 31 lbs with Jaxon. It made such a huge difference. And I haven't had any post partum blues like I did with Carter. I'm feeling good and ready to get back to the gym...whenever there's time haha. 

Life has been treating us well! Now that things have calmed down a little I'll try to blog a little more.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss your sweet little family and especially little Jaxon! You're a wonderful mommy! What lucky little boys!

Sopha said...

Only 5 more lbs to lose? What ever I'm jealous. I gained 27 with Baiden but had a lot more to lose at my 6 week appointment than 5 pounds. Gees. That picture with your new car, ya you look amazing. Jax is so cute. I love that you guys call him bugsy. Haha

Elizabeth Fellows Wade said...

He really has grown....I can't wait to see him. Such a cutie!!