Basketball season has sucked up all of Don's time and energy. We both have a love/hate relationship when it comes to Don coaching. It's been rewarding, but hard on our family life as well. We try to squeeze as much time in together as we can and every once in awhile Don plays hooky from work so we can have family time. After it snowed New Years we knew the mountain got hammered and would be perfect to go play. My brother in law, Cliff and 3 of his boys came as well as my sister in law, Liz, her husband and 3 of her kids. We went to the same spot we went for General Conference in October. We built a fire and had hot dogs, chips, and hot chocolate. We went sledding and tubing, built a snowman, and made snow angels. It was a perfect snow day!
Don and I are lucky that we have snowboarding gear, but our kids don't have snow clothes besides jackets so we had to get creative. Carter and Jax wore 3 pairs of pants. I put waterproof pants on top. I put socks on Carter then wrapped his feet in plastic bags then put tennis shoes on him. That's how we do snow in Arizona.
Jax looked like a little chub all layered up
Carter helping me make a snow man.
Before I put gloves on Carter he immediately grabbed a handful of snow not knowing snow is cold and it hurts! I wish I could have taken a picture of his face because it was priceless.
Leland and Brynn also helped
I took this picture while I was making yellow snow ;) good spot to go pee, eh?
Carter LOVED sledding
Cliff and Jax
Liz and Ryker
Drew and Carter going down the hill backwards. My nephews are so good about playing with Carter. I love it.
Jax even got to go on his first sled ride
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! We miss you!
Post a Comment