Unfortunately, I didn't take very many pictures. I should have because we had so much fun. The Weech's came, but we didn't get to hang out as much as we wanted. Boo.
This year Pioneer day was held in Pima. Friday night there was a rodeo and it was my first time taking the kids. They have a bunch of races for kids. It was so funny to watch! Sophie and I took our kids to race in the stick race. They're supposed to run with a stick in between there legs like a fake horse. Carter and many other kids started with the stick between there legs then ended up running with the stick once the race started. There was a line of adults where the kids were supposed to finish. All the kids started coming back and we were all, "Where's Carter?" We see him waaaay far past the finish line at the fence. We were laughing so hard!! You won, buddy.
There was another race called the Greasy Pig. They let two greasy pigs out, the kids chase them and whoever catches the pigs wins a prize. It was very entertaining! After the kids games we left because it was getting to be the kids' bed time.
They were having a family dance and when I heard Sophie and Kinzi were there I had to go dance with my favorite dance partner. I got Carter in bed and left Jax to Don. We didn't get to dance to too many songs, but Sophie and I were appalled when we didn't know one of the new line dances!! We got hot and sweaty and got our groove on though. My body doesn't handle all that dancing like it used to!
Saturday I watched my 6'4'' twin nephews play in the basketball tournament. They lost the championship game (but they kind of got screwed since they were supposed to call their own fouls.) We went right down the street to watch the parade and got an awesome spot on the Pima football field to watch the show and fireworks. My sister in law, Liz, made AMAZING treats so we didn't have to wait in long lines for the barbecue. They put on a really good show with acting and singing, portraying pioneer stories and the many fun and difficult times they endured coming to Salt Lake.
Carter and Jax were so fun to watch fireworks with. Jax clapped and Carter's excitement was contagious.


1 comment:
Just getting all caught up here on your 'ol blog. Pioneer day sounds like a blast! I want to come next year. :)
Post a Comment