Monday, September 28, 2015

Apple Picking & Other Stuff


We haven't done a whole lot this month other than be sickies. It's also allergy season so Don and Carter always get the brunt of that too. But it also means I've been getting lots of snuggles so I can't complain.


I can't resist that face! There's nothing more beautiful than a sleeping baby.

We went to Tucson last Monday in hopes to take the kids to the zoo. It just happened to be the day that the entire state of Arizona got slammed with rain and floods. We were able to take the kids to an indoor playground, eat lunch, and do a little shopping. When we got back that evening the roads coming into Safford were flooded. Don's parents' dirt road was washed out too. We've actually had excess rain this year. More than Arizona has had in many years!
This last week I hit Buster with the car!! I couldn't believe it. I was backing up and he came darting out and slammed right into a tire. Dumb puppy! Luckily, he's fine and I didn't have to take him to a vet, but I felt absolutely sick to my stomach. It scared the poop out of him literally. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson to not run straight at a car when it's going. We gave him lots of love and cuddles. He's his normal, bouncy self now. Our boys love Buster so much. He's hilarious to play with too. I don't know what I would have done if something happened to him.
On a different note, we went apple picking this weekend with the Kartchners. Don was working so he didn't get to come. It was hot so we made a short trip. I can't wait for all the apple goodness I have planned!


Jax throwing apples in the bucket with uncle Tilghman


"Mama" Brynn always helping me with my boys. She's the best! Carter adores her.




Carter has yet to even try an apple, but he liked picking them so I guess that's a start!





The older boys were way ahead of us heading back to weigh the apples. Jax wanted to walk and Carter needed lots of water breaks.



The gang minus Tilghman the picture taker


We played in the freezing cold creek to cool off. 


Jax eventually was soaking head to toe. Carter and Jax LOVED playing with the rocks and sand in the creek.






All wrapped in a blanket to get warm. He looked so darn cute!







Ryker showing his muscles


Reenacting the Little Mermaid. I'd be the sequel "The Little Whale"



Carter was in his first primary program on Sunday. He was in lala land and completely missed when his class went up to sing. We practiced so hard too! He smiled and waved the whole program so that counts right? He was so proud of himself afterward. I couldn't help but just squeeze him and tell him how proud of him I was too.


Also, I'm 20 weeks! Halfway there already. This pregnancy has been so different than the others. It STILL feels like it's not happening! I've gained a lot of weight too. I'm hoping that when we find out the gender on Wednesday it will finally start feeling real. Everyone thinks it's a girl. I've convinced myself it's a boy that way I won't be disappointed either way! Carter has been so sweet to me. I get bad headaches still and my varicose veins are so painful. I have to take a lot of breaks and lay down. Carter is always giving my tummy kisses telling me to feel better. He is the best big brother I could ask for. He'll be so sweet and helpful with this new baby. 

2 comments:

Jessie said...

The sequel, the little whale. hahaha Whatever, Lauren. You're always a super cute prego lady. What fun to take the boys apple picking. I don't think we'll make it this year. Make some apple pie for me!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're having lots of fun adventures--Carter and Jax are cute apple pickers! I would love to see Carter in his Primary Program. This year is Ryan's last year in Primary (he says hooray) Ry is giving a talk in our Primary Program. I'm anxiously waiting to hear about the ultrasound today. We miss you!