In October we celebrated my grandma's 80th birthday at a cabin just outside Moab, UT in a place called Old La Sal. We had a great trip up and back. Our kids were great travelers. They didn't watch any shows on the iPad at all! Don and I were impressed. When we arrived at the cabin it was surrounded by horses and fall colors. It was picturesque. We went on a little hike, took a razor ride, made s'mores, went out to eat at the Sunset grill in Moab, played games, and ate a lot of food. All of us brought so much food it was funny. We even sang to grandma and ate cake and ice cream twice. My favorite part of the trip was the times we just sat around and talked. I especially loved catching up with my sister and her boys and my cousins. I wish we all didn't live so far away from each other. It's always so fun when we get together.
I thought we wouldn't be able to make it to the fair, but luckily it opened the day before we left for Moab. I left the two littlest ones with Don's parents. Don was working a booth for Verizon at the fair so it was just Carter and me on a little date. I love getting one on one time with him. We had a lot of fun. I also got to ride a few big rides with my niece, Brynn.
After just two hours of the fair Carter said he was tired and ready to go home! It surprised me. He needs his sleep like an old man.
A few of us went on a little "hike" by the cabin. It was rather slow with a trio of two year olds picking up sticks and rocks along the way.
Don and I headed back with the kids since Jaxon was ready for a nap. We always tease Carter that we're having a race and he'll tell us, "No! We're not racing!" But once we start walking faster than him he starts panicking because he has to beat us. He always gets so mad haha.
We went on a razor ride through the hills. We had to stop for cows quite a bit, but I really enjoyed the views.
Rocking some pink shades
At the Sunset Grill in Moab for Grandma's dinner
I love Carter's love for maps
Most of the Smith family tribe
Poor mom wanted family pictures, but Jed got sick so Bron and him had to turn around and stay at the cabin.
The three amigos reunited once again
Jax entertaining himself with a sock on the drive home. Desperate times.
My favorite picture of the whole trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment