Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nature!!

Yesterday was a LONG day!My 2 brother in laws, my 12 year old nephew, Sophie, Phil, and Don and I decided to go on a hike. Don's dad took us to the top of Mt. Graham and dropped us off at a trail.
We headed out around 11:30 am and got all the way down the mountain at 6. The trail was steep and downhill the whole way. You think it'd be easy, but it hurt. I rather go uphill any day. The narrow trail followed a stream basically the whole way. There were several pretty waterfalls and the trail crossed the stream a lot. And I suck at hopping rock to rock so of course my feet got soaked hahaha.

It was so awesome to see that there was such a gorgeous oasis in the middle of the desert! Arizona has lots of surprises. While we were enjoying the scenery, the boys fished along the way. I can't tell you how many times I tripped and twisted my ankles all retarded. Don kept telling me "pick up your feet!" hahahaha. Sophie and I caught each other falling several times. It was hilarious!


Once we stopped following the stream it suddenly turned into desert again. The last part was the hardest. Good thing it was sunset cause it would've been scorching hot during the middle of the day. Everyone's knees and body's were aching, but it was worth it! We had lots of fun :)







1 comment:

Jessie said...

Wish it was hot here. :) Can I come visit? It looks like fun!