Saturday, November 28, 2009

CMI: where the odd people come

Today was a retarded day at work and I have to vent about how weird people are. Sometimes I wish I could yell at customers that come into CMI because they ask for the stupidest things. Like today for instance... A man came in today with a black and white picture. He asked if I could make it in color! I wish that was the first time someone has asked me that, but it's not. We should probably start posting signs on the machines saying, "These are not magic copy machines."
Also, two men came in today 5 minutes before closing. They wanted spiral bindings and I gave them quotes for pricing. Apparently it wasn't cheap enough for them cause they tried to barter with me. I told them that the pricing is non-negotiable and they said, "We're from Mexico." I don't know what they were expecting from me when they told me that. Too bad we're not in Mexico.
There's also a guy that works in a different part of CMI. He'll walk through and talk to some of us randomly. The other day he came up to a girl I work with and started out saying, "Girls dress to accentuate their body parts for men to look at them." And one day awhile back he started talking to me and another girl I work with and said, "Don't marry someone you meet in a bar. My friend's sister's aunt divorced the man she met in a bar." I really don't know what goes on in that man's head, but it's always full of something irrelevant.

The moral of my story is that people are just crazy. The funny thing is that I'm saying other people are weird and I'm sure they're thinking the same thing about me.
P.S: My house is all decorated...pictures to come!

8 comments:

Marilee said...

BAAHAHAHAHA!! Im kind of surprised that you have some funny stories and you just work at CMI!! oh and im so excited to come see your house all decorated!!!

jaronrlines said...

Oh Safford people! Never know what to expect from the people in the Gila Valley! lol

Anonymous said...

Bahahahah LMAO right now!!!!

Jessie said...

I love stupid people. They make the world go round just right. I laughed out loud during the story about the Mexicans. And that other guy sounds like a creep! The world could go round without those. Can't wait to see your house all decorated! Your style is always so trendy and cute.

Emily Zoe Hale said...

HA! I totally worked there. I FEEL YOUR PAIN. Really, I do.

Sopha said...

bahahaha! funny people. i have had some people come in and we greet them and say "welcome to chilis!" who knows how many times. their menus say CHILIS and there are signs everywhere. but then they ask for something thats not on the menu and THEN realized they were at chilis when they thought they were at applebees. oh my.
and hey i want to see your casa. we saw it under construction haha.

Jessie said...

I love all your engagement pics! And you must post pics of your trendy tree and apartment. You've got a special eye for all that. :) Amazing our styles are so different and we're sisters, huh? And if we ever live close enough, it would mean a lot to me to have Thanksgiving together... just like we did with the Moffats! Those are some of the best memories.

Musings of Mrs. Zale said...

Would that interesting man who randomly talks to you be Bill???