It's finally time to post about the Christmas break I was bragging about earlier. And it's definitely worth bragging about because it was the best Christmas break of my life...no joke.
After I worked Christmas Eve, Don and I went to Tucson to spend Christmas with at his sister's. These are my three adorable nieces coloring on Christmas. We ate good food and played killer bunnies almost the whole time it seemed.
The day after Christmas Don and I drove to Utah for my family reunion. Normally our reunions are in the summer so it was a lot of fun doing all the snow activities together that we don't normally get to do with each other. The whole renting a car thing wasn't working out so Don's dad let us take his truck, thankfully. It wasn't that bad of a drive. The roads were clear and we just talked the whole time. We stayed at my grandma's in Orem on Sunday. She had all of us play our violins in sacrament meeting, of course :) There was 9 of us that played and only one wasn't a part of the family. Grandma says she always gets so "tickled" when we get together and play. And so do I.
The next day we went to Park City where we stayed in some beautiful condos up there. It was a perfect get-a-way. The picture above and a few pictures below are of a rad frozen fountain we just had to take pictures of.
Left to right: Bron (my brother in law), Don, and my brother, Joe. AKA: the boys
My new favorite picture of us.
Don playing around the fountain.
The kitchen of the condo we stayed in.
Here's a hilarious picture of my sister, Jessie, dressed in her husband's huge snow pants cause she couldn't quite fit into her own cause of her cute pregnant belly.
These are my little brothers, Michael and Ryan playing with the snow on the driveway.
My grandma and grandpa. Celebrating their 50th anniversary! They're such good examples to all of us. I love them so much.
I took this picture and the next few pictures on a sleigh ride! It was a classic sleigh ride in a winter wonderland.
This is more like us.
Look at those icicles of DEATH!
After the sleigh ride we went to a cave-like place called "The Crater." It was not what I had expected. In this cave there's 30-40 feet of natural hot spring. We had to wear life vests and it was hard to see where you were swimming cause it was so foggy. There was a plastic toy alligator and Don was snorkeling and I stuck the alligator right by his face. I've never seen him jump like that, it was hilarious!
Some deer hanging out in the backyard. They were staring at me.
Don and I taught everyone how to play killer bunnies. Bron, Don and Joe stayed up late playing. From all the laughing I could tell they were having a good time. Don had to leave Tuesday morning for work, poor guy. He did not have a good ride home. He ran into some bad snow. While he was working, I was playing. We went cross country skiing on Tuesday. It was my first time and it was lots of fun! It's definitely a hobby I'd like to start up, but I live in AZ so it probably won't be any time soon. Jessie looked hilarious trying to ski. Her balance was a little skew, but she hardly fell :)
My uncle Russ (far right) is definitely the outdoors man's man type. He makes everything look easy.
After a couple days of playing and shopping in Park City, we went to Salt Lake. My aunt Mari and her girls had a performance at the tabernacle. This is a picture I took at the train station. We took the train from temple square to a mall to get some chocolate.
My cute mommy. She's doing really well. She's been able to walk without a walker now and has been going to physical therapy 3 times a week. She's a strong woman.
My brother. We got to spend some good quality brother-sister time. Everyone left Thursday and his flight didn't leave till Sunday and my mom, brothers and I didn't leave for Idaho till Saturday. Friday night we decided to go see a movie. We didn't look at any movie times or know where any theatres were at. Joe said that it was "half the fun!" We drove around forever trying to find a theatre that didn't have Sherlock Holmes sold out. But we finally found one and the movie was AMAZING! I loved it.
Joe's now stationed in Sicily for the next three years. Maybe Don and I can go see him sometime.
And the temple lights were as beautiful as ever!
I'll post about my Idaho adventures next.
3 comments:
whooaa. lauren im so happy you updated! you're pictures are so awesome, i'm jealous. That picture at the top is seriuosly amazing. Glad you had such a good christmas, i love it too!
Good times!!! Love the pictures! We'll have to play killer bunnies again sometime!
Oh, and I still have Don's beanie.
love all the pictures!!! That was soooo much fun! Killer Bunnies, baby! I can't wait to hear your rendition of our stay in Idaho. :) hehe
Post a Comment