Well my sister, Jessie, tagged me to write 10 honest confessions about myself. This has been difficult to be honest with myself and realize that I really do some weird things. While I've been writing this I've been telling myself, "I don't do anything out of the ordinary...." hahaha lies. I guess that's why they call it a confession.
1. I run into walls. Now this is something that Don noticed about me...and it's true! I run into walls and corners of tables and counters ALL the time! I don't know if it's my depth perception or maybe I'm just absent minded and don't notice when I'm going to walk straight into a wall. All I know is that I do it a lot.
2. I'm shy. Belive it or not. I was fine in middle school cause I dealt with the fact I was a nerd then something happened in high school and I got way insecure. I've always had a hard time telling people about myself and how I feel, till now. It's taken a lot of mending, but I've gotten WAY better. And I really have my husband to thank for that. He's a really good communicator.
3. I don't know what to do with my life. I know I'm not the only one that's going through this, but it's how I feel. I love music and I'd really like to teach, but will I like it when I start going for my bachelors? Will I ever get my bachelors? I'm really not a school person...at all. And I'm definitely not ready for kids yet.
4. I sing all the time. We don't have a radio in our car cause it was making weird noises, but I still find myself singing at the top of my lungs all by myself in the car. I'm sure everyone passing by is all, "she must be singing to the radio or something" but no I'm just singing to myself really loud. I ALWAYS have some song stuck in my head. It amazes Don how many songs I know: rap, classical, country, rock, oldies, pop...I know billions of songs and they randomly run through my head at different times. I'll wake up with a song in my head that I haven't heard for years and I think, "Hey, I like that song!" so I hurry and write it down to download it on my computer. I definitely consider myself a choir nerd. And even though I love the violin I've found much more joy and power in singing. It's definitely something that has changed my life for the better.
5. I like butts. I just like looking at everybody's different butts. Don't ask. I find them cute (most of the time.)
6. I have a phobia. rats. I hate them. They're nasty creatures that live in dirty, wet places. A rat came up the toilet on me when I was little and for a long time before I went to bed I had to close the toilet lid cause and shut the bathroom door because I was afraid one would come attack me in the night.
7. I'm a psycho about sleep. There can't be any noise whatsoever. Don says I can wake up to "a mouse farting." I definitely know when we have kids I'll be taking care of them when they're sick or scared in the middle of the night cause Don sleeps like a rock. (which is nice for me cause I can ask him or tell him about anything in the middle of the night and he won't remember :)
8. I hate doing the dishes. I literally hold my breath when I do the dishes. There's something about soggy food that makes me dry heave. ESPECIALLY soggy bread and scrambled eggs. I'm barfing just thinking about it.
9. This is embarrassing. My sister and I used to share bunk beds for most of our childhood. I always had the bottom bunk and I'd act like a little puppy and lick the bottom of her feet whenever they were hanging off the side of the bed...ya
10. I don't like weird foods. I like the foods that everybody doesn't like such as brussel sprouts. And I don't like foods that people like such as jello and expensive cheesecake.
Now it's your turn!
I am now tagging
1. Sophie: cause I know you do funny things like me
2. Marilee: cause you do awkward things all the time (that's why I love you!)
3. Kelsey: just cause I think it'd be funny
7 comments:
Lauren, you're funny! Don't worry, I walk into walls all the time to, and spill things, and drop things too when normal people wouldn't. I hate the dishes too. They made me throw-up a couple times when I was pregnant. I sometimes miss being in college and getting random guys to do our dishes for us!
I LOVED this!!! Straight from the heart, Lo. You're an excellent singer and I think being your own radio is waaay better than listening to commercials every five minutes.
And I want you to know that it is OKAY to not know what you want right now. You ought to come out and say it more often! I can only suggest experimenting: teaching some voice lessons at home, getting a summer job at a plant nursery, etc. You'll find your niche. And you can get a bachelor's degree in something and get a job in something totally different too! That's the beautiful thing. :)
I love you! And everything that is TOTALLY YOU!!!
P.S. Wanna lick my feet next time I visit? haha j/k
P.S. I watched an infomerical about how to get the ultimate lifted model butt. My bloated pregnant self was hooked... until a little line said, "results not typical." Poo.
loved it. every single one. really liked 9, i smiled at that one haha.
all these things made me miss you especially you talking about singing in the car cuz i miss your singing voice and being in choir!!
Hmmm...next time I'm around you...all I'm gonna be thinking is..."I bet my butt looks huge to Lauren...or something like that..."...your too cute girl...I miss singing crazy high notes with you in choir...I hope you all have a blast on tour next week..I'm a little jealous...oh well...and oh...my hubby will be gone too...ugh...sadness...but have fun all the same up in my hometown and such!!!
hahaha you lick feet! i laughed so hard b/c I was picturing it in my head. and did u tag me??? if its another kelsey thats ok I'm just going to pretend it was me anyway. very funny. and i HAAATTE doing the dishes too. I would rather move to another house everytime its time to do the dishes, hate. anyway, thanks for the laughs :)
oooh, a pretty new layout! Love it!
Post a Comment