We got a new car!! Don and I went grocery shopping two Saturdays ago. As we got all the groceries in the car (aka: the S.S Thompson...our boat/Lincoln town car) ready to go home, we couldn't get the car out of park. It's always been really hard to get it out of gear and it normally takes several tries, but it really wouldn't budge. Don gave it his last shot and the gear stick snapped completely off! Luckily, Don's parents often come to our rescue because of our car problems. We're so blessed to have them around! (It's still driveable. We just have to use a screw driver to get it into gear haha)
The gear stick snapping was the last straw for us. Along with no air conditioning, windows won't roll down, you have to stick your arm down the pocket of the door to move the seat forward, there's a gaping hole with wires hanging out where the radio used to be, you have to fill the car up with oil all the time, the control buttons are all worn off, power steering screetches...the list could go on and on. Needless to say, it's really not a reliable car. We've been trying to sell Don's motorcycle forever so we could afford a new car, but no one wants to buy motorcycles right now, but luckily a place down here trades motorcycles. It's sad to see the motorcycle go cause I have so many fond memories of when Don and I would take motorcycle rides when we were dating. I thought he was a hunk ;)
This last week we said goodbye to the motorcycle and hello to our new 2008 PT Cruiser. And our payment is a lot less than the motorcycle was! We took it for a trip to Tucson this weekend and got 34 mpg!!! It's a standard and I'm a little rusty since I haven't driven one since I learned to drive, but I'll get better. We love our new car and we're really happy we have a nice, safe car for the little one soon to come.
5 comments:
Lol. :) Yes, I am sooo glad you got a new car! You'll always remember the boat when you guys were newlyweds though. I'm jealous you have a standard. Those are so much fun! I agree, it'll definitely be better for baby Thompson.
P.S. I can't believe it's a PT Cruiser of all cars. lol
ah. So sad for the S.S.Thompson :(
BUT YAY!!!! for a new car! sexy.
Wait...I must be a little behind...little one soon to come??
oh yay!! Do you love your little cruiser? I bet you look so stinking cute drivin it! Im SOOO glad that you are finally safe! haha what a stinker of a car.. you deserve this new one!
Post a Comment