Friday, December 3, 2010

11 weeks

I had my 2nd doctor appointment yesterday. The doctor originally tried to find the baby's heartbeat with a sonogram (? is that the right terminology?) and he couldn't find it. Apparently, my uteris is behind my pelvic bone which is normal, it's just hard to find sometimes. It scared us for a half a second till we did an ultrasound and saw everything! Wow has the little monkey grown! In fact, he/she doesn't look like a monkey anymore. The baby was moving around like crazy and nodding its head like it was dancing and I was all, "Yeah, that's my baby!" So everything's fine and the baby is perfectly healthy.
And I can't wait till I don't have to call the baby "He/she" or "It." I'm also really excited to get bigger cause right now I just look chubby and it's really lame. I took a nap with my 5 month old nephew yesterday, it got me so excited to have one of my very own who I'm gonna love 10 times more which almost seems impossible.
Oh, and I got almost all my Christmas shopping done! All the decorations are up and I even went on the roof with Don to put a star and other lights on the roof. (Don't worry, I won't be going up again.) It's crazy to think this time next year I'll have a little 4 month old!
Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. I made yams (which is a new Thompson favorite), green beans and an apple crisp to contribute to the meal. It's fun spending it with Don's family. They're loud and a lot of fun. We played games, watched football and ate and ate and ate and ate of course. I couldn't eat any turkey cause meat makes me sick to my stomach but I had a tiny slice and it was the best turkey I've ever tasted. Don's parent's and neighbors cooked it in a pit overnight and it was so juicy!
I tend to get pretty homesick around this time of year. I put up my Christmas decorations and I thought, "I wish my mom could see this. She'd be so proud!" Cause she's a Christmas spirit guru. I also miss all the Christmas music my mom, sister and I would play on our violins. So even though I don't play the violin as often as I sing, I bring it out every Christmas and play for Don. I also am participating in Handel's Messiah this year again (my mom often took me to go as a kid) and I have a solo. And I also got asked to play my violin and sing a solo in church this month. I am grateful for all the opportunities I get to sing and play my violin around this time of year to share my family traditions. Hopefully I'll get to spend Christmas next year at home! I love you and miss you, family!

3 comments:

Sopha said...

Yay for ultrasounds and heartbeats! It only gets more real and exciting from here. Do you get totally excited for each doc. appt. haha it was like the highlight of the month for me. I cant wait for you to start showing too!!! Take LOTS of pictures!

Jessie said...

Aren't ultrasounds the coolest?!? It's amazing and sooo exciting!!! I can't wait to find out what you're having either. Boy or girl? hmmm... And I MISS playing my violin with you. I'm playing and SINGING in church for Christmas too. I can't believe I'm going to actually sing. I'm nervous just thinking of it! You're so talented, Lauren!

Musings of Mrs. Zale said...

Girl I am so excited for you!!! Wait till your 20 week ultrasound...I was so excited to see that one!!! What solo do you have in Messiah...this is the first time in like 5 years Kyle and I wont be involved in it...wierd...Have an awesome Holiday season girl!!!