Merry Christmas to all! This Christmas was a little different for us Thompsons, but it was great as always! Don had a shift change at work Christmas weekend so he had to work 2 p.m. - 10 p.m. Christmas Eve and 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. Christmas Day. It was kind of fun waiting to open presents till the afternoon although Don and I were itching for him to come home.
Monday night we had Don's family's Christmas Eve get together. Like every year we ate mexican food and the grandkids acted out the Christmas story. I was in charge of the music and had the kids play chimes to Silent Night and Away in a Manger. Surprisingly, for having 12 kids banging on chimes it went rather well. I played my violin and then we went on a hay ride.
Christmas Eve my in laws, Don's granny, and I had some dinner and drove around Thatcher looking at lights. We barely got to Thatcher from Pima and I already had to pee. So in the middle of looking at lights my father in law took me to the nearest gas station bathroom haha. Needless to say, we didn't look at lights for too long (this pregnant body of mine is making me a party pooper!) We went back to Don's parents and dipped strawberries, pineapples, bananas, and marshmallows in chocolate and strawberry fondu! Every craving was settled that night mmmm...
Christmas Day I slept in till 9 and went to my in laws for waffles covered in strawberries and whipped cream with my nieces and nephews. The grandkids opened their presents from their grandparents and I went home, took a shower and twiddled my thumbs till Don came home.
Monday night we had Don's family's Christmas Eve get together. Like every year we ate mexican food and the grandkids acted out the Christmas story. I was in charge of the music and had the kids play chimes to Silent Night and Away in a Manger. Surprisingly, for having 12 kids banging on chimes it went rather well. I played my violin and then we went on a hay ride.
Christmas Eve my in laws, Don's granny, and I had some dinner and drove around Thatcher looking at lights. We barely got to Thatcher from Pima and I already had to pee. So in the middle of looking at lights my father in law took me to the nearest gas station bathroom haha. Needless to say, we didn't look at lights for too long (this pregnant body of mine is making me a party pooper!) We went back to Don's parents and dipped strawberries, pineapples, bananas, and marshmallows in chocolate and strawberry fondu! Every craving was settled that night mmmm...
Christmas Day I slept in till 9 and went to my in laws for waffles covered in strawberries and whipped cream with my nieces and nephews. The grandkids opened their presents from their grandparents and I went home, took a shower and twiddled my thumbs till Don came home.
(Sorry the pictures are dark. Don wanted it to seem like Christmas morning :)
We were so excited to finally get frames for our wedding pictures. Thanks mom!
2 comments:
I LOVE you, Lauren! Sounds like your Christmas was a blast despite Don's poopy schedule. I'm jealous of your fondue. That sounds soooo yummy right now. And Bron has gift psychic abilities too! haha AWESOME kitchen aid!!! I'm in love with the YELLOW! It's perfectly Lauren. You look beautiful prego. I can't wait until I get to see you even more prego in March!!!
Hahaha...I love the gift from you mom in law...and I totally want a red mixer someday, when I have a kitchen to bake it...I'm glad you had a great Christmas..Have fun with those cravings...
Post a Comment