Doesn't this face just kill you?
Poor Carter has had a rough start in life. First, his breathing. Second, jaundice. Third, he was tongue-tied and struggled with eating. And now, he has thrush. I feel sooo bad. His mouth is covered with white spots and I figured it was just formula build up because I thought only breastfed babies got thrush. Well, after scrubbing his mouth every night (yes, I even made him bleed) for a week and a half I finally took him to the doctor and sure enough, he has thrush. But luckily, it doesn't bother him. He doesn't cry or fuss when he eats. I swear, this baby is an angel.
Other news is that we bought our first house!! We couldn't be more excited! We are dying to move in. We close September 15th. It's a small 3 bedroom and 2 bath house on a 1/2 acre of land. The best part is that we'll be paying less a month for the house than we've been paying for rent. Isn't that ridiculous? Our economy is THAT bad. I just wish we would've realized it sooner. I'm so excited to have our own place to decorate however we want, have space for Carter to crawl around, have storage, a YARD, and a washer and dryer!!! Holla!
This past month and a half has been really stressful on our marriage. Don's been working his butt off. On his days off from his regular job he works 10-12 hr days plumbing with his brother in law. Finances are tight, we have a new baby, we're tired and we often take things out on each other. We hardly ever fight and the other day Don was all, "We haven't gotten in an argument like this in forever!" and we laughed because it was over something pretty stupid. With blessings comes trials too. We're just anxious to get settled into our house so it'll all be done with.
Oh, and I have thee worst ingrown toenail of my life! I've never had one so bad! Okay, so this is only the second one I've ever had, but still...it makes me so angry!
He makes my toe and everything feel better...
Six weeks old today

2 comments:
Poor Carter! I wish I could hold him. What a trooper. Congrats on the house!!! That is sooo exciting! And I totally understand your marriage being in upheaval. You two are going through some major life changes. Family means selfless sacrifice. Bron and I went through something similar. Don't worry. Just be good to each other and soon the dust will settle. I think it happens to everyone. :) Love you!!!
Oh my gosh Lauren! we have the same freaking life! I have an ingrown toenail too! on my right side and it is KILLING me! I will write about everything else on my blog when you have time to read it check it out! Love you Laurie Cat
Post a Comment