Squeeze me
We're all moved in. It only took forever. I got stressed out and overwhelmed and may have given up for a few days... or a week, maybe. Luckily, my in laws came to my rescue and helped me organize. When I get my house a little more clean I'll post pictures.
I would be excited for fall time if it were actually here. It's still hot and it really makes me miss home. I miss the colors, the crunching of leaves on the sidewalk, the chill, warm sweaters, cuddling underneath blankets, hot chocolate, corn mazes, and pumpkin patches. I always thought I would like to live some place warm, but turns out I really miss the changing of the seasons. I still have my air conditioning on all day and at night :( But I do have a cold which comes with Autumn. I'm trying hard not to touch or breathe on Carter.
Speaking of Carter...help me moms. I don't know what's going on. Tell me if this is normal or some weird phase or maybe give me some tips. I'm having a hard time getting Carter on a schedule. He takes a long nap in the morning and 3 short hourish naps in the afternoon. It took me a long time to even do that. (A couple weeks ago he only slept 30 min at a time and was super cranky!) I do the same routine every night. Give him a bath, bottle and rock him to sleep. The past 3 nights he screams for an hour or 2 straight and wakes up every hour until 11 p.m. and finally sleeps through the night. He's super tired around 8:30 but he won't sleep. I've taken him outside, let him "cry it out" for 10 min, or just hold and rock him, but nothing really works. Has anyone had this problem? Do I need to shorten his day naps and wake him up? Should I let him cry it out longer?
Other than that, I can't complain. I love staying at home with Carter. It's the best job in the world and I learn new stuff everyday.

2 comments:
Lauren, he is so stinkin' cute! I can't wait to meet him! Loved talking to you on the phone! :)
Oh the wonders of trying to figure out a baby, huh?! Good thing they are so worth it! If you can get a hold of the book called "Baby Wise" I'd read it if I were you. There's some things in there I didn't really like, but it kinda teaches you how to put your kid on a schedule and how important a schedule is. Just take what you like out of it and use your best momma instincts! Good luck sweetie pie! P.S. Congrats on your new house!
Post a Comment