Yesterday we took a trip to Mesa. I didn't realize how exhausting taking a baby on a trip would be. Carter screamed every time he was in the car. He HATES his carseat and cries every time we put him in. It was not fun at all. Plus, he was super tired all day, we tortured the poor babe. We went to Ikea which is the funnest store I've ever been in! For those who haven't been, it's amazing! There's even a restaurant in there. They have all these rooms staged and furniture and accessories for every price. So you could either spend a little or go crazy. I saw so many things I fell in love with I had to put my blinders on so I wouldn't buy everything. We were in that store for 3 hours and I held Carter almost the whole time. I think it's time to invest in a baby carrier, my arms and back are really sore today.
Here's a Carter update:
He is now 3 months old, weighs 15 lbs and is 24 in long. He's a big fella. When people see him they always comment on how big he is. He's not a rolly polly, he's just big and I love it. No one can see him without wanting to kiss those big cheeks.
Carter has figured out his hands now. He reaches for toys and tries to grab them with his fists, sticks it in his mouth and gives it a good licking.
He also loves to talk. He makes a lot of gurgling and high pitched noises. Love it!
I love his laugh. I stick his toes in his mouth and tickle his armpits with his feet and he thinks it's funny. I can also just look at him and he'll just smile and giggle. I can't get enough of it.
When I feed him he always grabs my fingers.
When I sing to him it puts him in a trance. (I know, I'm just that good.) He'll stare and immediately get sleepy.
Carter loves to be read to. I will read an entire book to him and he just gazes at the pictures and makes noises.
Tummy time is hilarious. I put him on his stomach and he won't hardly lift his head. He'll grunt, push off his legs and drag his head. He hasn't quite figured it out yet and I'm in no rush for him to.
Carter loves fans, they're his friends and he smiles at them.
He hardly poops still. He poops maybe once or twice a week and it's actually really frustrating because after awhile he just gets gassy and fussy and he has a hard time sleeping. He also gets constipated quite often so I decided to switch formula to soy. It's a lot thinner so I hope it helps.
We love having Carter. We can't imagine life without him. What did we even do before we had a baby?
His first Pima High School football game
He's so smart
It's so crazy to me that a year ago I found out I was pregnant. Little did I know what a huge impact this little baby was going to be in my life. We made a good life decision by having him :) It's tiring sometimes, but I've never felt so much love for a person.



2 comments:
I am sooo excited for you!!! A new house! You must post pictures soon. And before and after pictures too. It will inspire me. :) It sounds like we need to go to Ikea. I can't wait!
Carter is adorable! I can't wait to meet him. Hope the soy works better for him. Do you know if having only soy will make a body lactose intolerant because there isn't any lactose? I don't know either. That's a question for Aunt Becky!
Can't wait to see the new house! I used to tickle Grady with his own toes too. Ahhh the memories! Love that pic of Carter with the book!
Post a Comment