This is something I've done before and I need to do more often on my blog, it's a cute idea. Try it!
Today I am:
Loving: the cold weather and snuggling with my boys!
Excited: for Christmas. I'm finally going home to Idaho for Christmas. It's been 2 years since I've been home and 3 years since I've spent Christmas with my mom. My mom is the epitome of Christmas spirit. Through the whole month of December she's always cooking goodies and singing Christmas songs. The part I'm most excited about is playing the violin with my mom and sister for church. I always miss it so much this time of year!
Laughing: at Carter. Lately he's been making this super weird noise. It's a cross between the noise off "The Grudge" and throwing up. He thinks it's really funny and laughs at himself. It makes me laugh every time and I have yet to catch it on video. He's a little weirdo already. It seems like just this last week his personality has started to really come out. It's so fun!
Nervous: about Don quitting his job. Yep, you read that right. Don's last day is December 16th. It's time to go back to school. His supervisor told him she would like to talk to him about staying part-time which would be amazing!! So cross your fingers they can figure out a schedule so he can go to school and work there part-time. Otherwise, he'll just be doing plumbing.
Feeling: like a whiner. Carter's going through a bad sleeping phase. He wakes up several times a night and occasionally has what might be "night terrors." He'll sometimes wake up screaming about an hour after I put him down and I can't go in and calm him down because he's so out of it. I hate it. It's only happened a couple times though. It's hard going from having a great sleeper to waking up every few hours, but I hear this happens a lot around this age.
Proud: that Carter is sitting up really well. Not by himself yet, but I have a feeling it will be happening soon.
Admiring: my dishwasher. I seriously want to cry when I look at it. I love technology!
Listening: to silence! Blissful nap time.
Thinking: why do I insist on making holiday treats? Last week I made an apple tart for the first time because I had a bunch of apples that were going to go bad. I didn't eat a single bite! I just gave it to my mother in law because I knew I wouldn't eat it. Don and I are really weird. If I make cookies we won't eat them. If I make a birthday cake we won't eat it. Last year I made mini cheesecakes that were a hit at a party and had some leftover and we didn't eat them! It's not like we eat healthy or anything. I'll gladly eat desserts someone else makes. Maybe it's because I spend so much time making it, I don't want to eat it. Or maybe it's because I grew up on eating pie for breakfast, eh mom? ;)

3 comments:
This is cute. I may just have to copy you! I can't wait to meet Carter and laugh at him. And I can't wait to see YOU and play our violins!!! Merry Christmas!
P.S. How did I know you updated? You commented on mine! Hardyharhar
Such a cute post! So glad you got your dishwasher. Carter is very talented and cute. I'm glad that you are able to go up to Idaho or a while.
Post a Comment