Sunday, December 4, 2011

Yipee Skippy

This Christmas, Don and I decided to get each other a dishwasher. We got a great Black Friday deal and it arrived on our doorstep yesterday! It's so beautiful and makes me happy in so many ways. Maybe some of you can relate... I have a phobia of wet food and as my mother may know, I despise doing the dishes. There has been several instances (especially when I was pregnant) where I have dry heaved when I touched wet food. There has also been lots of times where I didn't make dinner because I didn't want to dirty dishes. And even with just a few dishes my kitchen just seemed cluttered. But now I can just rinse and put them in the dishwasher until it's full and ready to wash!


I could hug it, it's so beautiful

Also, I have to brag about having a plumber husband. He's so handy, he installed it himself. Don and his dad cut out the cabinet, installed an electrical outlet since there wasn't one (old house), and set up the dishwasher! It would have been a ton of money to pay someone to do all that! Don and his dad are bomb.

2 comments:

Sopha said...

I am pretty sure the dishwasher is thee best invention ever.

Jessie said...

It is TOTALLY beautiful! I don't understand your phobia, but I do appreciate having a dishwasher! After two years in ny without one, having now is a dream come true! Congrats!!! Happy Cleaning!