Friday, February 10, 2012

Winter in Arizona

Warning: this might be a boring post of me just blabbing cause I want to blog, but I have nothing to blog about. I keep coming on here hoping something will pop in my mind to write about and I ask Don if anything interesting is going on in our lives and he says no. We are so lame!

We are excited about our tax return this year though! Woo! Having babies is pretty awesome. Carter is worth waaaaay much more than what we're getting, but it's nice to get a little dough back in our pockets. For forever, every time we went somewhere Don would think of things we "need" to get with our tax return and I was all, "Wow, we must be getting a million dollars back." So it's a joke now every time we go to Wal-Mart or something we point at random stuff and say we need to get that with our tax return.

Also, like always I'm late on book fads and I finally started reading The Hunger Games. It's so fast paced and I can't put it down. It might be better than Twilight! I'm really excited for the movie to come out too.

I've also been very diligent in running. I am sooo excited for May to go see family and run my first half marathon! I love having my iPhone when I run. I need a little holder cause I put it in a sock and stuff it in my sports bra that's two sizes too small. I have an app that records my runs and updates me every mile and I can set goals for times and make work outs. It's awesome. I really enjoy running. I did track in high school and loved it, but I hadn't run since till now. I'm beginning to have that runners high. It's my me time where I can clear my head and just focus on running. I come home from a run and I just want to go running again! I love going places I haven't been. I do love living in Arizona for this reason, that I can go running in shorts and a t-shirt in the middle of winter.
I look sooo pretty when I run

Carter is doing really good. 7 1/2 months now. He sits up unassisted now. And he is going to crawl any day, I feel it. He rolls around everywhere. Anything he wants, he will roll to. He grabs toys and pulls them towards him. There's tags underneath one of our chairs and I keep them on there because he loves them so much. Any string or tag he will find. He will get up on his hands and toes in a push up position. It hurts me just watching him, he is so strong. He'll figure out the crawling thing, I'm in no rush. At dinner I put cooked veggies on his high chair for him to grab and eat, but he just wants to play with it. He hasn't quite figured that out yet. And suddenly he wants nothing to do with vegetables so I just mix it with fruit and he eats it. Muahaha. His laugh is hilarious too. I'll make a noise and he'll just giggle. He's also VERY ticklish and loves to dance with me to music in the living room. He's growing too fast! When I get frustrated with him when he doesn't sleep and I'm trying to rock him I try to remind myself that this will be the only time I will get to hold him like this. It makes me so sad. He is my little big chunky boy!



Carter at play

Don's doing good too. He enjoys his classes and always comes home and tells me something new and interesting he learned in Anatomy. He's stressed, but he's continuing to stay his goofy, upbeat self. He's a fun dad and a wonderful husband. He always is concerned about my happiness. He does little stuff for me like the other day I heard a song on a commercial and told him I liked it and next thing I know he downloaded it for me. LOVE HIM. 


This post is almost like a Christmas Card.

2 comments:

Tyler and Bryna said...

I liked this post!!! Glad you guys are doing well!!!

Jessie said...

I laughed about your tax return "needs". We do something similar! So glad you enjoy running! I can't wait to run a half marathon WITH you. One day. It's gonna happen. Carter is squeezy pumpkin. I love him!