Thursday, March 1, 2012

Recent Goings On

We've been pretty busy these last few weeks. Valentine's day, Don and I drove his mom to the airport. She flew to Utah to help Don's sister, Ruth and four girls drive here for his Granny's birthday party/family reunion. After we dropped her off we went out to eat with our lovers, Sophie and Phil. We wanted to go to Olive Garden, but what were we thinking? Olive Garden on Valentine's Day? It was over an hour wait so we went somewhere we thought was not so Valentinesy...Red Robin! It was just as good. 
On Valentine's day Don's granny turned 81. She's in the nursing home and is in very bad shape, but I think she enjoyed seeing everyone that Saturday at the reunion. We celebrated her birthday at the church. We had a lot of fun catching up with everyone and eating loads of food. Don and I loved hanging out with Ruth and her girls that weekend too. It's fun getting the babies together.

Wasting some time at Hobby Lobby before we took Carol to the airport

 Ava and Carter

This past weekend Don and I went to Mesa again! Which was much needed for me because I was going crazy cooped up in the house. I was ready to get away for a few days. This time we went to Mesa to see my dad and step mom finish their Ragnar Race. It was a 200 mile relay across the state of Arizona. My dad and Liz are go-getters! They've been doing quite a few marathons and ragnars together which is really inspiring for me. I was stupid and didn't take pictures (I tend to do that often), but their team had  short shorts on and afro wigs. They looked hilarious. We saw some people in children's superman underwear which wasn't as cute. Don and I tried to make it in time to see my dad cross the finish line, but the parking was horrible so we saw him right after. I don't know how they ran in the heat. It was over 80 degrees. Carter cried when he saw everyone. He doesn't like big crowds with a lot of noise. It was either that or the wigs that scared him :) We met Dad and Liz at their hotel and had pizza. It was a lot of fun talking and sharing stories. I always have a good time hanging out with my dad. Miss you, Dad!

Also, the other day we were picking weeds. There was a big spot full of weeds and after awhile we got tired of pulling them so we left them to do later. The next day, turns out they weren't weeds at all. They were flowers! And they are all over. The people who lived here before us must've just threw seeds wherever in random places because we keep finding patches of different flowers all over our yard. I take Carter outside around the house to see if we can find new flowers and we almost always find something new. It's pretty exciting, actually.


Carter update: he's teething. Poor kid. The other night he was literally up all night. Couldn't get him to sleep till 4 am. I tried to lay down with him, but he just wanted to be held. I always figure it out too late when he's teething. It's after I get all mad at him and say, "What is your problem?!!" Oops. Bad mom moment. He gets a slight fever when he teethes so that was my answer. I wish babies could talk.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Anyone would have a "bad mom" moment at 4AM! Carter's rolls make me laugh! Seriously, there's a line halfway up his arm!!! And those cheeks! Hilarious! I'm also jealous of all your spring flowers. Sooo pretty!

Sopha said...

Those flowers are SO pretty! I am jealous, I want some. And we are so glad we got to see you guys so much this month!