Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Festivities



Happy Easter, everyone!

This year on Saturday Don's family went to Cluff Ranch where his mom grew up. It's a really cool place with ponds, wildlife and lots of trees. We had hamburgers, played catch, and did an egg hunt. Don's family has a fun tradition. They have a gold egg with $20 and a silver egg with $10 and they're the hardest ones to find. Don and I hid them this year...we buried them in different places and the kids still found them! Also, all their hard boiled eggs have amounts of money (like 5, 25, 50 cents) on them and they go to grandpa afterward and get their change. I just got candy growing up! These kids don't know how lucky they are.
Sunday we gave Carter his easter basket with two toys in it: a dump truck and a flower waterer toy. I was really excited when I bought them. He'll have lots of fun this summer helping Don and I with the yard. I can't wait until he walks! He's a pain to lug around now days especially since he's so mobile and weighs 22 lbs.
During Sacrament meeting I felt Carter's gums and I found a tooth poking through! Church was a great reminder of the true meaning of Easter. I'm grateful for my Savior and all he did for me.


Happy Teether

After church we had a delicious ham dinner at my brother in laws house on the lawn. I prefer Easter dinner over Thanksgiving.

Also, if anyone like me struggles making perfect boiled eggs that peel perfectly, I found some great tips!

1. Use old eggs. Don't wait until the last minute to buy eggs. Older eggs peel easier when boiled.
2. Start with cold water and gradually bring to a boil: this will help them from cracking
3. Salt or put a tsp of vinegar in the water: also helps with cracking
4. Bring to boil. Turn burner down low or off (depending on burner) and let simmer for 1 minute. Take off burner and let simmer for 10-12 minutes.






2 comments:

Jessie said...

You look so cute! I'm a lame mom. Jed didn't get anything for Easter! (But I'm already planning his birthday like a maniac--maybe that will make up for it.) Happy first tooth, Carter! What a fun easter egg hunt too.

Sopha said...

Add to the list that having a toddler color eggs does not help with cracked eggs. We had three cracked before we even started.
I wish my family did a cool easter egg hunt-I am jealous.