So here's what we've been up to these days. I finally got Carter a pool and we've been putting it on the porch and playing. I took Carter last week to the Pima pool for the first time. He loved it! He kept trying to swim in the baby pool and in the big pool when I was holding him. He kept pushing me away like, "I can do it all by myself, mom." I'm in for a lot of trouble.
The tongue biting thing is over now. His tongue is still sore, but it doesn't seem to bother him. I just hope it doesn't happen again.
Father's day was a fun filled day. I gave Don his present in the morning. I gave him a frame of Carter's feet print with a poem about following in daddy's footsteps. That poem gets me every time. After church Don's parents, aunt, uncle, and cousin and her twins came over for steak and potatoes. It was a little crazy in our little house, but it was way fun. It's fun finally being able to celebrate parenthood. Don gets so excited to come home from work and see Carter. Every night when Don and I lay in bed he always says, "I wish Carter could sleep with us." Now that Carter's almost a year old, on Father's day I couldn't help but think of the day we became parents. When Carter was born Don was such a cute new dad. He stayed by Carter's side the whole time he got cleaned and checked out and put on oxygen. He never left his side. I'll never forget looking at Don's face when Carter arrived. It was the classic new parent face of pure joy, excitement, and worry.
I had a little fun today and painted flowers while Carter took a nap. I'm pretty proud of myself because I paint a lot when Carter naps, but I hardly ever finish anything. I usually throw my paintings away because I have no where to put them. Some day I would like my own "creativity room" that would be an art studio/sewing and crafts/music room. If anyone would like me to paint something for them, I'd love to do it! I'm going to put these up in my spare bedroom (future little girl's room.) I'm bound and determined that I'm going to have a girl next so I keep making girly things. Am I setting myself up for disappointment? Probably.
Carter has been in a silly mood all day. He jabbers all the time. I love it so much. This video cracks me up. I can't believe Carter will be one next week!!!! What is happening?! I want him to be cute, little, innocent and perfect forever. Man, I love this kid.



1 comment:
What a cute Father's Day present! I may have to copy you next year. :) I can't wait to see Carter this weekend! It's going to be so much fun getting our boys together every year.
You are so talented, Lauren! I wish I could hire you to paint a sailboat on the nursery wall. I'm too scared and inept, so I'm ordering a vinyl for the wall. haha
Post a Comment