Friday, June 29, 2012

The Birthday Boy

 Happy Birthday to Mr. Carter Wade!!! He survived a whole year with Don and I as parents! That deserves a celebration! I'm probably going to be crying while writing this. I can't believe Carter is a year old. A year ago I became a mother. A year ago I finally wasn't pregnant anymore. A year ago I discovered what unconditional love really means. I love my baby boy more than anything in this world and it's crazy to me that I will love my next baby just as much as the first. Carter has done so much for our family. Even when he wasn't here yet. He has blessed us with so much happiness I never knew existed. I am so blessed to have this sweet, squeezable boy in my life. Happy Birthday, Bubba. Here are this year's highlights:


You were born! It was a rough trip here, but you were tough.



The first day we brought you home. We had fun playing with you.


5 days old
Newborn photos


1 month
 You smiled lots in your sleep.


2 months
We took you to Pima football games and took you camping for the first time.


3 months 
We moved into our new house. You helped me paint.


4 months
You were a parrot for Halloween. Thanksgiving we went to Pinetop to see your grandma and cousins. This month you started rolling over.


5 months
Your first Christmas was in Idaho. You got really sick for the first time on the way home.


6 months
You loved tasting new food and ate everything in sight.


7 months
You sat up really well and rolled everywhere real fast. You would get stuck in places and get mad.


8 months
Your grandma and Aunt Jessie came to visit. So did your grandpa and grandma Wade. You went to the park and swung on the swings for the first time. This is also when you started crawling.


9 months
You got into EVERYTHING and still do. Especially the cupboards. You got your first tooth this month.


10 months
You went to California to visit your grandpa and went to the beach for the first time.


11 months
We went to the pool. We also went to Bryce Canyon, Utah for the Smith family reunion where you went on your first hike.

And today it is your first birthday!! You are one cute kid. Your dad and I love you so much. We hope you have many more happy birthdays and that from here on your life will continue to be filled with happiness and adventure.

1 comment:

MeganHowell said...

Happy Birthday Carter!!! Now move to the Valley.