Last weekend was our Smith Family Reunion. We always go to fun places, eat lots of good food, have fun, and wreak havoc. Maybe it's because we're older now, but this year there were no plunders thank goodness.
Don and I left last Friday to Cedar City where we met up with his sister, Ruth and her family. They're from Salt Lake City and we don't get to see them very often anymore so I'm really happy they came down to meet with us. On our way we decided to stop in Mesa and get a new front facing car seat for Carter to make the trip more enjoyable. And this was his face. He looked like a zombie the whole time. It took a little getting used to, but on our trip back he relaxed and enjoyed the ride.
Are we there yet?
We got into Cedar City late and stayed at a hotel that night. In the morning we went to a music festival and checked out all the little white tents to see what people were selling. After that we went to a really good barbecue place. I'm craving it now that I think of it. After stuffing our faces we decided to let the kids run and play in a nearby park.
Carter and Ava are about 2 weeks apart. Ava is walking so we're hoping she rubbed off on Carter a little bit. They are so stinking cute. I can't get enough of them.
Emeline and Maren playing with Carter
There was a creek that ran next to the park. The girls and my brother in law, Peter got their swimsuits on and swam. I was surprised at how deep it got. After living in Arizona, I have really come to appreciate grass, trees, and rivers. I miss it.
After the park we got snow cones and went our separate ways. Peter and Ruth went back to SLC and Don and I headed to the reunion in Bryce Canyon.
The next morning almost all of us cousins went on a hike to the mossy cave.
Carter immediately fell asleep
I love red rock. It is so beautiful.
The Fam
The brave members of our family crossed a log by the waterfall to get to the other side. Emily (below) was the funnest to watch slowly cross the log.
Family Picture
On the hike back we splashed and played in the water.
Bron and Jed, Michael and Ryan
My sister, the cute prego
The mossy cave
My mom, Ryan and Michael
Later that night we had a girls night. I love my cousins. I'm so glad I know them and grew up with them! There's nobody like family to understand our weirdness.
My mom brought Carter some presents for his birthday so we decided to open them early. (Sorry, bad picture.) He LOVES his car.
Knocked out
When we weren't hiking or swimming, this is what we did.
Inspiration Point
Jessie loving on Carter
Monday, the Allens, Nelsons, and us drove to a bunch of lookouts in the park
Pictures do this no justice. It's spectacular.
The Allens
We also checked out the shops at Bryce Canyon. There was a wood carving shop, a rock and petrified wood shop, and an ice cream shop. Which do you think appealed to me most? ;)
Did you know you can pay $15,000 for a piece of petrified wood? I think I'd rather have a car. It was fun to look at anyways.
Carter learned to drive on the way home
This is what we did when we got home. More sleeping! All that fun knocked us out.
All in all the reunion was awesome. We had so much fun seeing everyone and just hanging out. My favorite part was when we laid out on the lawn and talked about our year's highlights. We love you guys! Can't wait till next year!
























1 comment:
I like your recap of the reunion. You got some nice shots of the scenery too -- including me! I hate seeing myself so fat and prego. :) haha It was sooo good to see you guys!!! Let's do it again.
Post a Comment