I haven't been able to post for awhile because Don and I sold our computer. We decided to cut down on our gadgets and gizmos for a little bit. Lots has happened since I last posted!
We spent Thanksgiving with Don's family and a few of his cousins. Which meant TONS of food and lots of kids for Carter to play with. I love this time of year.
At the beginning of December, Carter and I spent a week at my mom's in Idaho. My sister also came and I got to meet my new adorable nephew, Levi! It felt nice to squeeze on a little baby that doesn't crawl or run away from you. My little brothers loved playing with Carter. We had lots of fun goofing off. I also got to spend time with my best friend, Kasey. I would like to post our trip with pictures some other time. Hopefully soon!
This Christmas season I have felt especially grateful for everything that I have. Going to Idaho and seeing my old friends and loved ones who helped shape me into who I am today made me feel so blessed and loved. I also recently had a friend who's husband passed away suddenly. She wasn't a close friend, but once I heard I immediately fell to my knees bawling and praying for her. The next day was the Conneticut shooting which also brought me to my knees. I was in a daze for a few days. These incidences just put me in shock of how precious and fragile life is. It's times like those where I feel so selfish like what do I have to complain about?
I have the world at my feet.
I live in a beautiful, free country.
I have a loving family.
A sweet husband.
A son who I get to squeeze and love everyday.
I have awesome, fun friends.
A healthy body.
A roof over my head and food on the table.
I've got it good. I am blessed more than most people in the world and often wonder what I did to deserve it. I just want my friends and family to know how much I love them and want every happiness for them.
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
I love you too, Lauren!!! You are one of the most sweet and sensitive people I know.
Post a Comment