Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Funny Valentine

This Valentine's Day beat all past Valentines.
February 14th is Don's granny's birthday. She turned 82 this year. Carol, Liz, Jill, and I with our little boys went to visit Granny at the nursing home in the afternoon. We originally planned a picnic outside, but Granny would've gotten too cold so we all squeezed into her room and ate chicken nuggets and fries. The boys behaved surprisingly well. Granny seemed to enjoy herself. We even got a few giggles out of her.
That night Don's parents graciously watched Carter as we went to a dance held by the elder's quorum in our ward. They decorated the church like a prom from the 80's. We even got our picture taken. We had a blast! 90% of the songs were lame slow songs, but we still had a great time whispering in each others ears, making jokes, and reminiscing about our good ol' dating days. Back in the day, Sophie and I were always the first ones to show up to dances and we were FREAKS! We danced hard. And Don was attracted to it :) But little does everyone know that Don has a few tricks up his sleeve. On fast swing songs he tosses me around like a rag doll doing flips and turns. I love when we get to show off.
On the way home we talked about how 5 years ago on Valentine's Day, Don told me he loved me for the first time. I rolled my eyes thinking it was so cliché. I wasn't expecting it at all! I was really surprised he had such strong feelings for me so soon. I couldn't reciprocate and I said, "Uh, thank you." Haha! I love that man so much now. He may be tough on the outside, but he's all ooey gooey on the inside. He's my Valentine for life!






No comments: