We took a trip to Mesa last weekend just for fun. We stayed at Sophie and Phil's of course. We got there Friday night and Carter actually went to sleep like a champ for once! Saturday morning while Don played ball and Phil worked, Sophie and I took the kids to Lehi Days. Lehi Days is a weekend rodeo put on by the Lehi Stake down in Mesa. They had a petting zoo, rodeo, and BBQ. The kids loved the petting zoo. Carter chased a chicken and we pet all sorts of animals. I don't see how some of those animals survived after being "loved" by so many kids. The kids also got to go on a pony ride. I'm not quite sure how Carter felt about it. He picked his nose the whole time...that's my boy!
After the petting zoo, Don stayed home with the kids while they napped so I could go get my hairs did. My good friend Kelsey did my hair and I LOVE it! She is the bomb!
After I got all beautified we met up with Don's bestie, Ryan at the mall and got a bite to eat. They just had a baby a few months ago and she is so cute!! I need a girl.
Later that night we all went out to eat at Red Lobster. Don and I are seafood fanatics so it's always a treat when we get to go to Red Lobster. We had to wait 45 minutes for a table. Entertaining the kids for that long was a chore, but it was worth the wait. Especially the chocolate cake. After dinner Kelsey and her husband, Dallas came over and we hung out and talked for forever. We love hanging out with our friends. I wish we lived closer!
We had an action packed, fun weekend!
Carter and Kinzi
This cage was a lot cooler than the animals
Kinzi is the sweetest little girl!
Baiden wanted to eat the rabbit. That boy may be tiny, but he eats like a horse!
Sophie and I pet the duck and realized that this is the first time we ever pet a duck without it attacking us
Carter chasing the goats and a chicken. He is such a boy
Pony rides
Look at that belly! And the concentration. He takes riding ponies very seriously.
He also takes picking his nose very seriously.
Little buddies. I love them.
Getting my hair done. Soooo pretty.
The end result
He got a hat at lunch and walked around the mall with it on.
This is what Carter looked like on the way home. I think we wore him out well.














3 comments:
Sounds like you need to move closer to Mesa! Those pictures of Carter picking his nose cracks me up. And your hairs look very pretty.
love your hair!
Your hair looks awesome! Even with that funny grimace, you are so damn gorgeous!!! I love the picking nose....I think he is going to hate that picture when he is older
Post a Comment