Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Job

I love being a stay at home mom.
I love my son more than anything. And the more he grows, the better example I want to become for him. He has made me into a more loving, patient, nurturing, and selfless person. I love seeing the world through his eyes. I love the little moments of excitement as he discovers new things. Carter has grown so much just in the last month! He grew out of his clothes so fast. He also jabbers like no one's business. Carter has learned so many new words and he tries so hard to mimic me. Sometimes he gets frustrated trying to tell me what he wants, but I usually can figure it out. The inflections in his voice are hilarious. It just makes me want to squeeze him all the time! I am so amazed at how much he knows. He throws away his own diapers, helps me sweep the floor, fixes things with dad, makes towers with Legos, and folds his arms during prayers. When I do the laundry he hands me hangers and says thank you. Thank you is his favorite phrase right now. He says it ALL the time! Even when he doesn't need to. He says it when I do something for him or give him something and he says it when he hands me something too. He is quite the polite kid. It melts my heart every time. He has such a sweet, high pitched voice.
I tried to make a list of words he can say and this is what I've come up with so far:
Hi
Hey
Bye
Thank you
Please
Drink
More
All done
Car
Ball
Truck
Basketball
Purple
Blue
One
Two
Three
Woo-hoo
The end
Yay
Love you
Mama
Daddy
Choo choo train
No

My favorite words he says are purple, woo-hoo and one, two, three. He says them so well! It cracks us up. The other day Carter was having an intense jabber conversation with me. He was looking straight into my eyes and stroked my hair with his small, sticky hands. I think he was telling me how great and beautiful I am. Right? I wish I could freeze moments like that.
Carter LOVES his cousins and they love him. They take him on wagon rides and take him on the trampoline with them. He's spoiled. A few weeks ago Don's family celebrated my nephews' birthday at the park. Someone was there to swing Carter in the swing the whole night. He loves the swing so much it's almost not even fun to take him to the park anymore because that's all he wants to do! And man, does Carter like to be in open spaces. He does not like to be confined. That boy likes to run!
Any chance he can get, he books it! He also is not good at listening to his mom. "Come here!" means, "Run faster!" apparently.
Carter is also an ace at the itsy bitsy spider. He likes to listen to me sing the alphabet and point out letters. That boy is brilliant and oh so handsome. No girl will ever be good enough ;)
I love that boy so much. I wish he could stay this small forever! They always say how it goes by so fast. You blink and your kids are grown up. I try to remember that everyday and take in the little moments and play with him because I know when he's all grown, I will miss holding my baby.




Playing at the park



I caught him reading to his rabbit




3 comments:

Jessie said...

You are a WONDERFUL mother, Lauren. I'm a little jealous. :) Can Carter teach Jed "thank you?"

Elizabeth Fellows Wade said...

They do grow up fast and I agree with Jess. You are a wonderful Mommy. Carter is a lucky boy!

Sarah said...

Hi Lauren! Just hopped over to your blog! Carter is a DOLL and I think just a few months younger than my Drew. Drew was a Jan 2011 baby and I think Carter was June, right? That picture of him reading to his bunny is priceless. Can't wait to look around your blog more and follow along! Hope you'll stop by and follow too!