Sunday, May 26, 2013

Don Don's Birthday

Saturday was Don's 30th birthday! 
He wasn't too excited about turning 30. He told me it was the one birthday he was pissed when he woke up. That's why I knew I needed to do something special for him. My sister gave me an awesome idea that was perfect! 
I asked his friends and family if they would write a favorite memory and something they love about him. I had sooooo many people respond back! He is one loved guy. Some people wrote novels! I put all of these notes in balloons and scattered them all over the floor. Carter had a fun time kicking the balloons in the air till Don got home from work. I had a note written from me on the front door that he had to read before he came in. It read: 

My Dearest Donald,
As you can clearly see you are incredibly loved! I wanted to make your 30th birthday extra special. I want you to be able to look at the last 30 years and see how great your life is! You've impacted so many lives and they all love you. You are such a giving and loyal friend. I am so grateful I married you. I thank Heavenly Father all the time that you are in my life. You are amazing and make me a better person.
When I think about the last 5 years a flood of memories pass through my head. From the moment I was introduced to you (I thought you were really cute. I was so excited when I found out you were going to ask me out!), our awkward first date, getting married, and having Carter. My best moments in life have been shared with you. Even in my not so best moments I know I can count on you to build me up and make me laugh. I love joking around with you. You make life so fun and that's important. You are so talented, I honestly think you can do anything you set your mind to. You constantly amaze me. You are also the best father to Carter!
You've had a great 30 years and I think the best years are yet to come! 
I love you so much. Oodles and Gobs!
Love, 
Lauren


Don and I both had fun reading everyone's notes. They were hilarious! I could tell Don really enjoyed it.
After balloon popping we went out to eat at Don's favorite restaurant, Red Lobster. I think he could eat seafood everyday if he could. We had a lot of fun when we went out to eat. Carter was being a total goof ball. (Carter doesn't get out much these days. Poor guy.) 



Birthday boy 


See, I told you I take way too many pictures of us making faces. I told carter to say cheese and he honks my nose. We try it again and he grabs my eyelashes! What the?
After dinner we looked around at new cars to help Don stay motivated :) Then we headed home for Cheesecake! I think it was a successful 30th birthday. Love that man of mine.












2 comments:

Jessie said...

Lauren, you get the best wife ever award. What a sweet note you wrote. It sounds like you made Dons 30th bday extra special. I hope it was! And I hope I can do just as good a job for Be in come December. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DON!!!

Elizabeth Fellows Wade said...

Don is very lucky to have you as a wife....30s are not so bad....he's middle aged now. haha.