We've been homesick, but I try not to think about it. The weather has been windy and cloudy everyday since we've been here. I mostly feel bad for Carter because he's not around other kids and other people as often as he used to. We take him to fun places as often as we can though. Last weekend we took Carter to one of those jumping places where they have a big room full of blow ups to jump on. Best part was it was absolutely free! His face was hilarious when he went down a steep slide. He was half scared half exhilarated. Our favorite one to jump in was the one with 2 basketball hoops. Carter loves to shoot the ball even when he's not remotely close to making a basket.
Kid needs a haircut
I also took Carter to the pool 3 times this week. He LOVES to swim. Except he has no concept of drowning. He jumps off the side whether I'm ready or not! Although I usually can tell because he counts to three.
Carter is doing a lot better at talking. He still jabbers most of the time, but he asks for things. He counts to three. I even catch him counting his Cheerios. He counts to three then he knows eight and nine. He can point out circles and the letter o. He's fascinated with letters and numbers right now. Every once in awhile I don't even recognize that he just said something. Like last night he knocked something down and he said, "Uh oh, it fall!" It makes me giddy! He also tries to sing the theme song of Mickey Mouse Club House which melts my heart.
I do have to say Carter is turning into a 2 year old. He tells me no. Frowns. Shakes his head and says, "nuh uh!" He's great at throwing fits too. He collapses to the floor and thrashes around. If he doesn't immediately get his way he falls apart. I have to protect him where he decides to make his scene. It's hard not to laugh at. The other day I told him his show was over and that's never fun. Then he wanted a drink, but I told him he needed to ask for it nicely. Stubborn little cuss cried for a half an hour before he would ask me nicely. But his constant kisses and hugs make up for all of his naughty behavior :)




1 comment:
You're such a good mom, Lauren! Way to stick to your guns. I'm happy Don is doing so well at work. Yippee! And I felt the same way when we lived back east: it may be beautiful and green, but it's green because it rains so often! Can't wait to see you in the good old dry west sooooon!
Post a Comment