Monday, June 10, 2013

Dickerson Zoo

Don isn't home very often so every time we get a chance we try to go and do something fun. Last weekend we went to the local zoo which is only about a mile away from our apartment. I felt like we were in a jungle! It is so green here. Immediately as we walked into the zoo we were greeted by peacocks they let roam around the zoo grounds. We even got to see two males fighting. One even spread his feathers for us. Peacocks are so beautiful! It's crazy to me those vibrant colors exist all over in nature. 




See what I mean? Jungle. And little Carter doing what he does best!


Carter wasn't too interested in looking at the animals. Maybe because some are difficult to spot out especially if they're sleeping which most of them were. He was so excited to run from place to place. It wore him out nice and good! 


He really enjoyed feeding the giraffes though and kept wanting to go back. Ever since Don and I got to feed the giraffes at the SanDiego Zoo a few years ago we try to feed the giraffes any chance we get! They're our favorites.


Carter tried to eat the food for the giraffes. He didn't want to share at first, but once he saw their long tongues he thought it was funny.
We didn't do anything too exciting this weekend. We went to church on Sunday and met another family who works for the same company as Don which was nice. All of us wives are planning to get together sometime soon. Don and I had been wanting to try a local fast food restaurant called Steak N' Shake. It's a steak burger place and it is so good and cheap! We rated it #2 compared to our #1 favorite Smash Burger (Phoenix area.) We also got some good ol' Cold Stone for dessert. 


Zonked out after church


I haven't worn makeup 90% of the time we've been here due to the humidity. Felt good to dress up for church for a change!


Sunday nap. Doesn't this melt your heart? I love them.

Funny thing we noticed around here is Carl's Jr. is named Hardee's here. Same logo same food. Just the name is different. We asked a local around here if they ever heard of Carl's Jr and nope never heard of it! There are also tons of gas stations around here named Kum and Go....what a an absolute horrible name! What were they thinking? We've made plenty of jokes. There's also a road in Springfield called Kickapoo Avenue. I laughed so hard when I saw it! 
The days go by slow during the week, but the weekends make up for it.


1 comment:

Jessie said...

It's hard to get used to a new place, especially when it's so different from where you're from! But it sounds like you're embracing the weird as best you know how and having some fun weekends exploring and trying new things. :) I want to feed giraffes!!! And that pic of don and carter sleeping is so precious.