Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Happy Birthday in Indiana

Well here we are in Lafayette. The trip here was really pretty and the weather here is a lot less humid. Driving through the outskirts of Lafayette was fun. There's nothing but cornfields and it was dusk as we were driving through so all the lightning bugs were out. It was so gorgeous! We also got to drive through St. Louis, Missouri on our way over here and see the arch and cross over the Mississippi. We are now on Eastern time which seems so weird to me. The trip was only about 8 hours which was nice for a change! I just feel bad for Don who has to make the 24+ hour drive home all by himself.


We managed to stuff everything in the car again!


Not a happy camper


The trip to Indiana

We are living in an extended stay hotel so we have a little kitchen in our hotel room and amenities. And the nice thing is that I don't have to clean really! We're in walking distance of an awesome grocery store with the best produce section I've ever seen. But I gotta say there are some awful downsides too. There aren't a lot of places I can take Carter outside, the pool is indoors, the kitchen is tiny, no oven just stove top, and no separate room for Carter. He has been sleeping in the pack and play in the bathroom haha I wish I was joking. I keep telling myself it will only be a month till Carter and I head out. We can do it. (Man, I sound like a whiner. Waaaaaaaaah.)


So let me tell you what happened the day we left. Carter thought it was a normal morning until he realized the apartment was getting more empty by the minute. When it was completely emptied he threw the HUGEST fit I've ever seen. He throws fits, but nothing like that. He cried and screamed. He hid in a corner to get away from us. When we tried to talk to him he'd come up to us and hit us. Carter was livid. I cried cause I felt so bad for him. We have taken him away from everything he knows and then we were doing it again. I'm so ready to take him home. I'm so excited to see his face when we pull up to our house and he sees his wagon, his toys, and bed again. This summer has been rough on him.
June 29th was Carter's 2nd birthday! I can't believe it's been two years. On our trip Don and I reminisced about the day he was born. How the labor was long. How sad it was when he was hooked up to oxygen, but we were unbelievably calm through it all because we knew he was going to be okay. The first time we got to hold him. What a fat baby he was. I can't believe how much he has grown! And all that he has learned! We love that sweet boy of ours so much. He has truly changed our lives for the better. 


Handsome!


Obsessed with cars and trucks right now


A sign Grandma Thompson made for him


Carter got a tricycle, cars, an airplane, clothes, books, a tool set, a play set for his cars, and Finding Nemo. Bottom right is him watching Nemo for the first time. I love when he laughs at movies. Oh and might I mention he was not interested in opening presents at all. But watching him blow out his candle was hilarious! He kept blowing so softly it took him forever! We were cracking up.


Finger licking good!
Happy 2 years, Bubba!


He melts me. Maybe because he looks so much like his dad?


This one makes me laugh. See that cute little birth mark on his chest? He has had that from day 1.














7 comments:

Jessie said...

Nah, he is just a heart melter. Period. Happy Birthday Carter! Your summer has been crazy. I'd be looking forward to going home too. :) But you can do anything short term, right? Right. See you soooon.

Jessie said...

Nah, he is just a heart melter. Period. Happy Birthday Carter! Your summer has been crazy. I'd be looking forward to going home too. :) But you can do anything short term, right? Right. See you soooon.

Jessie said...

Nah, he is just a heart melter. Period. Happy Birthday Carter! Your summer has been crazy. I'd be looking forward to going home too. :) But you can do anything short term, right? Right. See you soooon.

Jessie said...

Nah, he is just a heart melter. Period. Happy Birthday Carter! Your summer has been crazy. I'd be looking forward to going home too. :) But you can do anything short term, right? Right. See you soooon.

Jessie said...

Nah, he is just a heart melter. Period. Happy Birthday Carter! Your summer has been crazy. I'd be looking forward to going home too. :) But you can do anything short term, right? Right. See you soooon.

Jessie said...

Nah, he is just a heart melter. Period. Happy Birthday Carter! Your summer has been crazy. I'd be looking forward to going home too. :) But you can do anything short term, right? Right. See you soooon.

Jessie said...

Nah, he is just a heart melter. Period. Happy Birthday Carter! Your summer has been crazy. I'd be looking forward to going home too. :) But you can do anything short term, right? Right. See you soooon.