Saturday, July 6, 2013

Independence Day

I love the Fourth of July. It's probably my second favorite holiday next to Christmas. It always reminds me of how thankful I am to be an American.  I can't help but think how lucky I am to be with the people I love on a warm, sunny day eating barbecue and watching fireworks.  I am grateful for those who fight for our freedom and the many sacrifices they and their families make. I am also grateful for the hardworking people of this country with good morals and values. They are what makes this country great! 
Lucky for us Don got the day off! We had a lazy morning, took Carter to the park in the afternoon, and played with sparklers in the parking lot of our hotel. It was a pretty good day! The fireworks were too late at night for us to go watch so Don and I watched them from our window. It was a pretty good day!


Armstrong Park. Named after none other than Neil Armstrong who graduated from the local university here in Lafayette.


Beautiful park


Carter swinging in a big swing




There are lillies everywhere around here


Teaching Carter how to ride his tricycle


Carter had fun running around the baseball field


Not about to hold a sparkler haha




Interpretive dance


1 comment:

Jessie said...

Happy Independence Day! I love your faces. Looks like a perfect summer day.