Tuesday, July 16, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

OhYou read that right. We came home early for many reasons. One being that living in a small hotel room was not working for our family and Carter was unhappy. On the bright side, we did make okay money so it was worth it all.
After 29 hours and 1700 miles of driving in a small, cramped car we made it home last Friday. We left Wednesday evening from Lafayette and stayed the night in a crappy hotel in Springfield. Thursday morning we left at 7 and finally made it home at 3:30 am Friday morning. We slept for an hour somewhere in New Mexico and got woken up by a policeman's headlights checking to see if we were okay. Carter was a great traveler! He had a few breakdowns, but for the most part he did excellent. We did have to give him Dramamine to help him sleep at night though. He was a trooper! We all were! I don't want to get in a car to go anywhere for a long time! When Carter saw our house he got a huge smile on his face. And I gotta say that our house seems like a mansion compared to that hotel room.  We are all so happy to be home! Even the hot weather feels refreshing. Now it's time for unpacking which is going to take me awhile to tackle. 


Sunset on the drive home 


A McDonald's bridge. That's a restaurant folks.


I was so excited to see this sign. It just meant we were getting closer!


Our Welcome Home sign Carol made.

The weekend we got home my friends from EA were all down here having a reunion. Sophie is here as well with her kids for the next couple weeks waiting for their new house to close in Mesa. Sophie and I met up with our friends and had so much fun walking around EA talking about our old crazy days. We were getting hot and sweaty when we reached the EA pool. It has a sign that says "No trespassing, $500 fine" but that didn't stop us crazy moms from climbing the fence and jumping in! We had to book it out of there once a truck pulled up. We had a blast! Later that night we stayed up way past our bedtimes talking and laughing. I love those girls. EA was the best decision of my life.
Sunday night we had a big dinner with Don's family. I missed those loud people. Then Monday night we took Carter to his first movie, Despicable Me 2. He sat and watched the whole thing! Except for when I realized he peed through his pants and I had to change him. He downed that popcorn and root beer! 




After we jumped in the pool. Feel free to laugh if you can figure out what I'm wearing.

All in all, it feels so good to be home!














1 comment:

Jessie said...

I can't believe you trespassed like that! Hahaha Too funny. Sounds like coming home was the best decision ever.