I was in such a chipper mood Monday morning. I got up early, ran errands, went grocery shopping (spent UNDER the budget thank you very much!) I was on a roll and Carter was being awesome.
I get all the groceries in the car and while I'm buckling Carter in his seat, I throw my keys and purse in the front seat and close the car door. I go to open my door and apparently I pushed the lock button when I threw the keys!!! I instantly panicked! I've never done anything like this to my kid! I felt so horrible and there he was smiling at me in the back seat. My phone was in the car and I didn't want to just leave Carter so I ran up to the closest lady in the parking lot and asked if I could use her phone. I called Don, but he didn't answer so I left a message.
The lady suggested I run inside and call a locksmith or the police and she'd stay by Carter. I called 911 and they told me Don had already called and the police were on their way.
I felt soooo bad!!! Like such an idiot mom! Don and the police showed up and while the police were getting the car unlocked I got stung by a bee on the underside of my arm!!!! That bee thought he needed to teach me a lesson I guess.
This is what my bee sting looked like the next day. (As you can see, I had a slight allergic reaction most likely because I'm pregnant)
The nice policemen gave Carter a sucker and Don was so nice and patient which actually really surprised me. He told me later that when he was on his way there he was so pissed, but since everyone was around he couldn't get mad at me which I'm so glad cause I already felt like crap as it was!!!
So that was my bad day. The only other time I have locked my keys in the car was when I was pregnant. This better not be a reoccurring thing. It made me so grateful for people who are willing to help a stranger out! And for an awesome kid who didn't panic. I'm also so lucky it wasn't summer time! Even on my brainless days I'm being watched over.

1 comment:
true that! even on our brainless days we're being watched over. :)
Post a Comment