Unfortunately this cold has kicked my trash, but I am feeling a little better everyday. Don has had it way longer than me and is still fighting it too and has lost his voice. Working outside everyday in the cold and coaching hasn't helped him much either, poor guy. But now we can relax for a few weeks before Jaxon comes because Don's last basketball game was this last Wednesday! Woo! We're so excited to be back to our normal routine. Don did so well coaching this year. His JV went undefeated and those boys love Don. (Probably because he still acts like a high schooler? Boys never grow up ;) It was fun watching Don grow as a coach too. He was nervous and unsure about himself at first and by the end of the season he looked like he had been doing it for years. The season brought some parent-coach drama for his brother, Cliff, who's been coaching varsity for the last several years. It's been stressful for the whole family. If Cliff continues to coach next year, Don will too. He really enjoyed it. I'm very proud of Don and I know he's been a good role model for those boys.
Carter has had fun going to the games. He's had to learn that he can't run around wherever he wants and that concession stands have treats! He always got excited to see his dad coach. I decided it was worth the pain of sitting on bleachers to watch the last game Wednesday. I pointed Don out during half time warm ups and Carter smiled from ear to ear waving at his dad. I know it made Don feel good.

1 comment:
Sweet pic Don!! Glad you guys will get a little break before baby comes. Sorry you guys are sick though :( and you decided on Jaxon?!?! I'm in love.
Post a Comment