Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May is for Birthdays

This month has been full of celebrations. First, Don got a new job at Verizon. He had training in Chandler for a week then two weeks more training in store here in Thatcher. So far he really likes it. He gets a base pay plus commission. The job has awesome benefits. But my favorite part is that I know when Don will be home from work. So that means we can eat dinner together! We also get to spend mornings together cuddling in bed as a family which is my favorite thing in the world right now! 




Mother's Day I got spoiled with a $25 gift card to Dairy Queen. My husband knows the way to my heart ;) Unfortunately, that evening he had to leave for training for a week.
The next day was my birthday and Don was gone. He was gone last year too. My birthday wish is to have him home next year. I still had a good day anyways. I went out to lunch with my mother in law and two sister in laws at my favorite Mexican restaurant. Later that evening, Carter and I went out for ice cream...naturally :) When Don got home we celebrated and had a family party. 


Next was Don's birthday! Our primary kids sang him happy birthday and we ate Don's favorite meal with his parents. And it just so happened that our best friends Sophie, Phil, Ryan, and Caraline were in town! We had them come over to "play games" but as usual we just ended up talking and stuffing our faces with chips, salsa, cake and ice cream. 

No comments: