Ruth and Peter arrived with their four girls and we hung out all day Friday and all the adults (and Jax) went out to eat that night.
Saturday we made a trip up Mount Graham and spent the day up there. We had a big breakfast. The kids did a scavenger hunt and a candy game. The adults had a horseshoe tournament and played card games. Then that evening we made stew and went home when it got dark. There were quite a few kids that got car sick on the way home, Carter included. Next time we'll know to drug them up with Dramamine or maybe not give them so much candy? ;) It was a fun day getting dirty and playing with the family.
My sister in law Ruth getting some snuggles in from Jax
Ryker
Carter takes forever to suck on suckers. That ring pop lasted him almost the entire day.
Maren. Ruth's mini me.
Brynn and Emeline
Little Miss Ava
Isaac
I looked over to do do my occasional scan for Carter since he's known for running off into the woods. Him and Ava were being so funny! They were giggling, putting those balls on their noses and sneezing them off going, "Achoo!" They had a lot of fun playing together.
Sunday was Carter's THIRD birthday! I can't believe I have a 3 year old. We had a big family party for him in my in law's backyard which included grilled pizzas, cupcakes and ice cream, presents, and a glow in the dark ring toss game.
Carter is such a fun kid. He's quirky and goofy to say the least. He loves anything with wheels. He loves guns. He loves movies. He gives the best hugs and loves to cuddle. He loves to drink milk and juice. Not a big fan of food...I keep hoping he'll grow out of it. He loves wrestling his cousins. He loves to give high fives and knuckles to his brother. He is very sensitive. He's so sweet and kind. I don't think he has a mean bone in his body, but we'll see how he gets when Jax starts taking his toys haha. Carter loves playing and getting dirty. He's all boy! I wouldn't have him any other way. I'm so glad he made me a mama.
We love you, Carter man!






















2 comments:
Lauren, your HAIR! Wow, you beautiful woman. :) Happy Birthday Carter! He's such a cool kid. It sounds like the perfect weekend spent outside and with family. Wish I could play some glow-in-the-dark ring toss.
We need to see you soon. Miss all of you and it's heartbreaking that we haven't even seen Jaxon but definitely in November if not sooner. The glow in the dark ring toss looks like fun and what a beautiful day up in the mountains!
Post a Comment