Carter looks so old to me now. He is growing by the minute getting taller and skinnier. He is talking more and more every day. I had him tested for speech therapy, but he passed! Which is good. He has good motor skills, he knows colors, shapes, letters, and how to count. The only thing they are concerned about is his ability to have a conversation. He doesn't really know how to answer more than yes or no questions so they're giving him a more in depth test this week. His voice is still ridiculously high pitched. It's hilarious. He has a hard time understanding things so reasoning with him is sooooo frustrating sometimes. He'll get mad and throw a fit before he even knows what's going on (and if you know Carter, you know once the fit has begun all reasoning is gone!) Though fits have gotten a lot better the last few months.
But let's talk about the good stuff. Carter has an amazing imagination! I like listening to him play with his toys. It's hilarious! He always has a smile on his face too. We've been reading lots of Halloween books. He makes great impressions of ghosts, wolves, and witches. Carter always impresses me with his smarts too. My favorite thing to do with Carter right now is play hide and go seek. When he hides he gets all giggly and it's so contagious! Right now Carter is into transformers, fire trucks, and playing games (we play a lot of Yahtzee.) I probably overly worry about Carter and his speech, how he'll do in school, socially, his picky eating habits...etc. One thing I know is that he is the happiest kid. No one has more fun doing anything than Carter. He is also the sweetest boy. He does not have a mean bone in his body. Every time Jax cries he consoles him and gets his binkie. He is sensitive and gets his feelings hurt very easily. It's something that I have to really be aware of as a parent that I correct his behavior without embarrassing him. Luckily, he still wants his mama and cuddles me all the time. I know this won't last forever so I try to soak it all in.
The first Saturday of every month you can go to Home Depot and they have a free kids craft. This month was fire safety (mine and Carter's favorite!) so they had a fire truck, hot dogs, a magician, free fire hats, face painting and the craft was building and painting a wood ambulance. Carter plays with it everyday now.
Jax is 7 months old now. Time has flown! I constantly look at him with tears in my eyes knowing it goes by way too fast (I think Carter gets his sensitivity from me, ya?) Jax is seriously the BEST baby! A horrible sleeper, but that doesn't seem to phase him. He is so fat and happy. He makes a hilarious smirk that makes his cheeks stick out. He rolls all over the floor and gets arms and legs stuck under the couch. He eats any fruits and veggies. And he totally has a hair fetish. He is always grabbing my hair. I'm ready to shave it all off. When he gets tired he plays with either my hair or his. In the mornings we lay him between us and he plays with Don's beard. He is just so stinking cute.







2 comments:
Your such a great mom, Lauren! I can't wait to see you and your little boys!
I love that bathtub picture with his bright smile and tush. Don't worry too much about the speech. My niece did not say a word when she was two...not one single word. She ended up having to see a speech therapist and received one on one speech therapy. Well, she is now 7 years old and extremely bright and advanced in her class. I know it is in our nature to worry about our kids, but remember you are a great mommy!
Post a Comment