Friday, October 24, 2014

New Stuff

After Carter's second speech therapy test he made it into preschool! He'll start in November. I was fully expecting at least another year with him at home so having him go to school early breaks my heart! I already know I will be sobbing on his first day. But I know it's better for him to go now so he can catch up with the other kids his age. He'll love it! 
Carter passed every category in testing except the communication part. He can ask for things he needs, but he doesn't answer the what, when, where, who, and why questions. He just repeats everything you say. School will only be 3 days a week for 2 hours at a time and everyone talks very highly about the staff there.
Anyways, we've been having some really good days around here. I've made some personal goals. I've been trying to simplify my life (getting rid of extra stuff) and set priorities (the dishes can be done later! Put down the phone!) and focus on what's really important. It's so easy to get distracted, but I've been feeling a lot happier! My heart is always full watching Carter and Jax play together. Carter loves making Jax laugh. I love it soooo much!! 


What am I going to do with that hair when he gets older?! 



Have I mentioned that Don is coaching again? The season starts in just a couple weeks! I have mixed feelings, but I know he'll do great. Loooong days are ahead of us. 


Also, we FINALLY blessed Jax on Sunday. Don was embarrassed to bless him at church since he's so old haha so we did it at Don's parents house with the whole family. We Mexican potluck afterwards so it worked out well! Bad picture I know, but it's the best we could do. 


My nephew put pillows around Jax so when he fell over it wouldn't hurt. He played in his little fort forever! 

No comments: