Thursday, November 20, 2014

Back to the Grind

I thought we were going to be able to wind down a little from vacation, but I don't know what I was thinking. It's the holiday season! 
Carter started preschool this month. I thought I was going to be emotional, but I didn't shed a tear. I was more happy for him than anything. I took him to school and walked him to class. He smiled from ear to ear. He came home on the bus and exclaimed, "School is fun!!" I love his enthusiasm for life. If only we all could be excited for life as a three year old. I don't know what happened on vacation, but when we got home it's like the light bulb turned on in Carter's head and he's been saying full sentences. The other day he said, "Mom, will you help me do tracks?" (Train tracks that is.) I was all whaaaaat? It's really exciting seeing him learn and soak everything in. I am one proud mama. He only goes to preschool 3x a week for 2 hours so it's actually real nice.


First Day of Preschool! November 12th


Holding my hand while we wait for the bus :) 

Jax had a doctor appt. this month. He is 9 months old. What happened to my baby?! He's getting so big. He weighs 19 lbs 50%. And he's 29 inches tall 85%. He waves bye bye and claps. He just got his first tooth today. He's still army crawling, but boy does he get around fast! He's starting to get into things and can find any tiny spec on the floor. Jax is also a BIG mama's boy. If someone is holding him and I walk by he'll start crying. He is a very mellow and happy baby with fat cheeks and round eyes. 


BFF's 

Don has officially started coaching basketball. He has practice at 5 am, comes home, plays with the boys and eats breakfast, goes to work, comes home and goes to bed pretty early. He's very busy and he will only get busier as they get more games. But I know those boys love Don. 
Don also won an award at work for selling the most accessories per device the past 6 months. The whole region got to see his picture. He got an award with a gold star and $50. I teased him about the gold star. I thought it was funny, but I'm very proud of him! 
We sadly lost a member of our family while we were on vacation, Doug. Don's parents kept Doug and Deedee at their house. They live far down a dirt road so they just let Doug and Deedee roam around wherever they wanted. They said Doug was looking sick one night and he kept looking worse and worse. Don got home, saw him and told me he looked a little better, but over the night he died. We're thinking he must have gotten into some anti-freeze maybe at the neighbors? Who knows. It was weird coming home to only one puppy. Deedee behaves a lot better though. She chews more, but doesn't try to dig and escape anymore. I also give her more attention than I did before so maybe having one dog is a good thing. I do miss my lover though! Doug would always sit on my feet and loved to be pet. If I pet Deedee he always thought he needed to get in the action too. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad Carter loves school! And I'm so sorry about your puppy, Doug--so sad :(
I miss you and your cute little boys! Enjoy the holidays--you always had a lot of Christmas spirit! We miss you and love you.