Thursday, November 20, 2014

Our Fall Trip Part 2

After our trip to Utah, the boys and I went to Idaho for a week! My mom picked us up at my grandma's in Utah while Don unfortunately had to go home and work.
My mom is working full time now so it was a bit strange not having her there the whole time. She is so busy. You're amazing, mom! Luckily, my sister came to keep us entertained. Jessie and I always have a blast together. It's crazy how different, but so much alike we are. 
I also loved getting our boys together. It got a little crazy at times, but I know they made some great memories! 
Here are the highlights of our trip not in particular order:

We played our usual piano duet repertoire and figured out some Yellowcard and Maroon 5 on the violin. We geeked out and made a video too :)

Jessie and I stayed up late one night talking and taking dumb personality quizzes.

We took our boys to the Boise Aquarium and got to pet sting rays.

My mom, sister and I went to a cookie exchange with my old ward's relief society. I love seeing all my old ward members! 

The boys burned their energy at the park twice while we enjoyed the colorful trees.

We went to an indoor play place for my brother, Ryan's soccer party.

Jessie and I got to escape for awhile and go shopping. Jessie got a Christmas tree for 1/2 off.

I got to spend some time with old friends especially my BFF from high school, Kasey. We laughed till our stomachs hurt which was long overdue! 

Some of these pictures are stolen from my sister's blog so you'll see some beautiful, professional photos next to my not so fabulous snapshots ;) 


Playing in the ball pit at Ryan's party


The view of the pond at Fuller Park



Isn't my nephew, Levi the cutest?! This picture captures his personality perfectly!



Carter and I petting the sting rays at the aquarium


Jed and Levi fascinated with the lizard





I love this photo. My sister is seriously talented. 




Baby snuggles at nap time 


Play hard, sleep hard


Jed and Levi slept in the same beds Jessie and I slept in for 10 years when we were kids


Carter helping grandma make muffins


The cutest baby ever


I seriously love this girl. We see each other maybe once a year and never miss a beat. 


Kasey's little girl, Riley and Jax


I love my special bond with my sister



Grandma with her grand babies!


I wish I could explain this kid's excitement when we were at the airport. He got so excited to see the pilots, flight attendants, airplanes, even our boarding passes. He stepped very carefully on the plane and sat by the window. He smiled from ear to ear when we took off. He was giddy when we were flying and he saw that all the trees were little. I wish I could bottle up that moment.


I got teary eyed as we left. Idaho will always have a special place in my heart. 
Thanks for everything, mom. We love you!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Awww! I miss you. Next time, I'm coming to you!!!

Sopha said...

So many things to say.
Jessie takes amazing pictures.
Looks like you had a blast.
Such a pretty picture of you and Kasey, and her daughter looks just like her.
You're hair is the prettiest blonde color.
Jax is yummy.
Carter at the airport is the cutest thing.
I want to come to Idaho with you.
K. Bye.

Unknown said...

I wish you all lived closer! It was sooo wonderful to have you here. My heart felt full of joy!You're doing a great job as a mom, Lauren. Your two little boys are so sweet and I miss them already!