That's how I jinxed us.
Carter was the first with an on and off fever followed by congestion and a cough. Then Jax got the same thing. But the thing about Jax is that he wouldn't eat because he couldn't breathe when he was eating. Somewhere during all this I got sick. I had chills, body aches and congestion. It was not fun!
Let's get back to Jax though. He wouldn't eat no matter what I tried. He didn't wet a diaper and had diarrhea twice in 12 hours so I decided to take him to the doctor Thursday. He had an ear infection which the doctor said probably hurt when he sucked. She said to come back the next day if he still hadn't eaten anything after taking medicine. That night Carter was up all night crying that his ear hurt. I made an appointment for him to get his ear checked out Friday afternoon. Don left Friday morning for the state basketball tournament (great timing, right?) I tried and tried to get Jax to eat a number of things Friday morning, but no success. So they let Jax tag along in the appointment. Carter has a ton of hard wax in his ear and the doctor got a big huge glob and he was treated for an ear infection as well.
The doctor looked at Jax and told me to go to the hospital to get some fluid in him. They ended up putting tubes up his nose and sucking him clean of all of the bogies that were up there. He filled an entire canister. The nurse said she hadn't had anyone do that before. They did some tests and said he was fine. He didn't need to be put on an IV or anything. They gave me a set of instructions on how to take care of him so I could get food down him and sent us home. My kitchen looked like a pharmacy! I had to feed Jax every half hour because he wouldn't eat much at once. I had to use a nasal spray and suck the snot out of his nose every hour. I also had to give him ibuprofen and amoxicillin for his ear. I did all that for a day and the next day he was soo much better!! It was crazy! I was a little mad that my doctor sent me to the emergency room. I wish she could have told me all that to begin with, but oh well. Jax is better now and I definitely will know what to do if it happens again. This experience made me so grateful that we are normally a very healthy family!


No comments:
Post a Comment