Saturday, March 14, 2015

Recents

This week I weened Jax from nursing cold turkey both night and day feedings. He was just using me as a way to fall asleep at that point and I was so ready to just be me. I have been an "oven" and a "milk cow" for almost 2 years!! I'm very proud of myself for nursing an entire year. It was a big goal for me to nurse him and I never thought I would last that long. The first day of weening was rough. I'm a softy and don't like to let my babies cry and there was LOTS of crying. Now when I put him to sleep I read him a story and hold him and he doesn't hardly fuss! He's also been sleeping like a champ. Victory! The only down side to cutting cold turkey is his attachment to me. Jax used to let anybody hold him and now he'll bawl if anyone tries to take him except his grandpa for some funny reason. Jax follows me around all day and holds onto my pant legs. It's extremely exhausting and tries my patience, but luckily I have Don's family to help me get a break every once in awhile.
Quick rant: I am seriously so thankful to live by family for so many reasons. I had no idea how important it was. When I graduated from high school I wanted to be far away as possible and now I just wish we all lived in a little bubble together. I love that my kids know their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins so well. It's important to know where you come from and have unconditional love. Don's family has helped me out so much with my kids. I am so lucky. From sound advice to taking my kid from me for awhile just so I can catch a breath. Don's family are just a bunch of giving people. I'm so glad I married into this family! Okay, end rant. 


I can't write a blogpost without pictures :)


This picture was obviously taken before I weened Jax. Otherwise, it would be a picture of him sitting next to me like a little sad puppy. 

In other news, we had a mouse in our house. I found mouse poop under our kitchen sink two weeks ago. I locked the cabinet and told Don to take care of it. Well, yesterday I was going to play hide and seek with Carter. We go into my room and I saw a pretty good sized mouse scurry under our bed. I screamed the classic woman "I just saw a mouse" scream. Just then my mother in law and sister in law drove up. They helped me set traps and put towels under the doors so it couldn't go anywhere else in the house. (See? Another reason I like having family around.) I went to Liz's house because I couldn't shake the heebie jeebies till Don came home. Carter was worried the mouse with the germs was going to go in his room (his words.) I might have freaked him out a little. My bad. After Don and I blamed each other for having a mouse in the house, at 4 in the morning we heard the mouse get on the sticky trap. Bleh!!! Don took care of it. This morning we tried to find where a mouse possibly could have gotten in under the sink, dishwasher, dryer, you name it and we have no idea. So now every time I hear a little something I'm super paranoid. I cleaned my house like no other and set up more traps just in case. We haven't had any more traps go off, but fingers crossed! 

1 comment:

Elizabeth Fellows Wade said...

Lauren---first, I love Jax's little tush. So cute. Second, this is a real sore spot between your dad and I. We have had several mice in our house. We even had two rats in our garage, and i'm sooooo afraid. I mean...it is not normal fear. It is a "I need to see a pyshiatrist" kind of phobia, and I guess your dad's patience has worn thin. We killed one this morning and yesterday, the kids saw another one go into our room. I could hardly sleep at night. I'm so scared to be in my house. I'm scared to walk around. I completely have the jitters. I want to pack up my kids and go to a motel. We have had five mice that we killed in the last year, and now there is a sixth one in my upstairs. Your dad tells me i need to calm down, and i realize that my fear is irrational, but oh my goodness. i can totally relate to how you feel!