Saturday, June 20, 2015

Jax is Walking and Other Updates


 As of this week Jax is officially walking! He's 15 months and was in no hurry, but now he seems to be in a hurry everywhere. The kid climbs everything and gets into anything he can get his hands on. He also was able to shoot the basketball for the first time this week too. I was impressed how fast he picked it up. It pays to have a big brother to show you the ropes.




Doing what he does best

It's unintentional, but Jax is always flipping everyone off. Even at church. He keeps me laughing all day long. He just does silly things like walking around the house with a cane and racing his brother on riding toys. I know I've said this before, but I'm so impressed with how much he talks! He's so loud too. My favorite words he says are: poop, pizza, cock-a-doodle-doo, beep beep, and mom (said in nasal, obnoxious voice). Yes, I squeeze him all day long. 





Carter is a goober and a half. I would be lying if I didn't say that it's been a little hard having him home all day everyday in the summer. He's been driving me a little nuts. I appreciate that he tries to play with his brother, but Jax doesn't appreciate it so much. He's a little too rough sometimes. Here's some funny things he's said lately:

After admiring the moon one night Carter said he wanted to go in a rocket and see the planets. He said, "That would be cool." He asked me, "Do you want to be an astronaut, mom?" I replied, "When you become an astronaut and go in a rocket, I'll come with you."

My nephew was naming animals that were tough and Carter said, "I'm as tough as a fly!"

I've been teaching him jokes lately. The first day we talked about knock knock jokes he said, "Knock knock." 
"Who's there?" 
"Carter!"

He calls his freckles sprinklers.

I said my stomach hurt and he said, "Mom, you need a cane." He went and got me the cane Don used when he hurt his foot in basketball.


Life is good with these two


Friday night I took Carter to see "Inside Out." It was such a fun movie. I can't wait to watch it again! Carter was so excited to go on a date to the movies. I love when we get one on one time like this. He talked my ear off during the whole movie. He gets very concerned when a character gets sad or hurt. It made me teary eyed in a few parts because he's just so sweet!


He sat in my lap during the movie because he isn't quite big enough for movie theatre seats. It cracked me up!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such adorable boys--can't wait to see you all next week!